• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Things needed before setting up Prometeia?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OP
D

Dragon_Engineer2

I like to play it safe.I wanted to use a little extra around the cover they supply you with.

donny_paycheck

Inactive Super Quad Mod
Attach neoprene rubber with Silicone RTV or (preferably) conformal coating.

Dielectric grease you can get for a couple bucks at an auto parts store.

OP
D

Dragon_Engineer2

Ordering one this friday can't wait.
NyTe said:
hey dragon...tell me how you like it when you get it up and running...do you already have it?

OP
D

Dragon_Engineer2

Were can I get Silicone RTV or conformal coating?
Also the Dielectric grease I linked will do the job correct?
donny_paycheck said:
Attach neoprene rubber with Silicone RTV or (preferably) conformal coating.

Dielectric grease you can get for a couple bucks at an auto parts store.

OP
D

Dragon_Engineer2

I'm asuming that the Silicone RTV spray would be sprayed on and around the the surface of the motherboard were the foam pad goes on the back of the mother board?

Nellie

Registered
dielectric grease

Here is a picture of dielectric grease that is from the Napa Auto Parts Web Site. You can get this stuff from any auto parts store. It is used to 'insulate' the spark plug/wire from air to prevent oxidation.

donny_paycheck

Inactive Super Quad Mod
DragonEngineer said:
Were can I get Silicone RTV or conformal coating?
Also the Dielectric grease I linked will do the job correct?

Silicone you can get at a hardware store or electronics store. Conformal coating is a bit harder to find but Klownin linked to where you can find it.

Yes that dielectric grease will do the job.

Juggernout

Registered
Yeah !
Tell us how it performs when u got it man !

I'm waitung for mine too !
The shop where I ordered it (the only one in Germany which sells it) has troubles to get one for me because before Christmas everyone wants to have one ! :(

Greetz!

Hugovsky

I have a Prometeia system running 24/7 and it's only insulated with the prometeia kit. Nothing else. Room temps are 20ºc / 24ºc and never had condensation. Ever. I even used it for 2 weeks in the start and then removed the cooling head and nothing, nada, not even the smalest sign of water or condensation in the processor pins or else where. So, i think you don't need to worry about condensation. BTW i'm running the system since August and loving it ! :beer:

OP
D

Dragon_Engineer2

Well I decided to not get anything other than the dielectric grease.
Hugovsky said:
I have a Prometeia system running 24/7 and it's only insulated with the prometeia kit. Nothing else. Room temps are 20ºc / 24ºc and never had condensation. Ever. I even used it for 2 weeks in the start and then removed the cooling head and nothing, nada, not even the smalest sign of water or condensation in the processor pins or else where. So, i think you don't need to worry about condensation. BTW i'm running the system since August and loving it ! :beer: