• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Think I am overclocking wrong.. Please teach me wise ones!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Odogx44x

So here is what I am running.

CPU: Intel Core i7-6950X Broadwell-E 10 Core

Motherboard: EVGA X99 Classified

RAM: Dominator DDR4 3200MHZ 64GB

Cooling: Koolance EXC-800 I have my AMB Temp at 24.3 C Keeps things very cool I can go colder but I am worried about condensation.

SO I have my CPU clock up to 4.50 and it is stable the temperatures under load when running Cinebench get up to around 70C and IDLE temp is showing 40s. To get it this way this is what I did I am sure I am wrong because the Voltage seems High

I first set the XMP to 3000MHZ Then I set the CPU Multiplier to 45 for all cores. I had to Increase the Voltage to 1.500 in order to get this stable. I have not increased the BCLK to over the stock 100 setting and I have not touched the CPU offset Voltage at all. I see people with the Voltage being like 1.3V for this speed. what should I change to drop the voltage down so I have more room to try to get the clock higher I am worried about going more then 1.5V Thank you!

Or is this how this Processor is?

Attachments

• image3.JPG
    image3.JPG
    1,009.9 KB · Views: 66
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 69
  • image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    1,002.6 KB · Views: 65

trents

Yeah, you definitely don't want to run on 1.5 vcore all the time. You will shorten the life of the chip because of accelerated electron migration.

I think you are expecting too much from your overclock: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/intel-core-i7-broadwell-e-6950x-6900k-6850k-6800k,4587-10.html

You need to back off both on the overclock and the vcore. I would keep the vcore to under 1.4 and be satisfied with whatever stable overclock that would allow, regardless of temps. This Broadwell simply will not overclock to the levels of the Skylake 6600k/6700k.