• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Think its dead?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nealric

I just had a fun incedent with my ASUS 87v8x. Humming along one moment and no booting the next. I thought it was my proc at first, so I tried that in another box- it worked. Im getting no post beeps but everything still powers up (no video at all). I tried clearing the cmos but no dice. Think its the mobo- anything else you can think of to try? Also, what is ASU's RMA policy? Do they need a recept or just proof of purchase? Ive been looking for 2 hours for it without any luck.

JordanBolduc

Registered
OMG I just had the same thing happen to me. It bites! I have more info, though. I set the FSB to 180 and the Mult to 8 and no boot. Cleared CMOS and all that nice stuff. I have KT333 and this is my first atemp at overclocking. Figures... Can anyone help us! Thanks for anything that helps!

Titan386

JordanBolduc said:
OMG I just had the same thing happen to me. It bites! I have more info, though. I set the FSB to 180 and the Mult to 8 and no boot. Cleared CMOS and all that nice stuff. I have KT333 and this is my first atemp at overclocking. Figures... Can anyone help us! Thanks for anything that helps!

Well, you probably pushed something in the system too far with that 180 mhz fsb. You did unlock the CPU before changing the multiplier, right? I would first remove everything thats not needed to boot, so that only CPU, mobo, RAM, and vid card is left. Try to boot it up again and see what it gives you. Its highly unlikely you did any permanent damage by OCing too high. And if all else fails, try the parts in another box if you can, and see which component is causing the trouble. Good luck.