• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

thinking about selling computer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WhiteHawk

im thinking about selling my computer. i just got my license and i just dont use it all that much anymore. ill probably build a cheap 1100mhz duron set up or something for college, but i need the cash right now for pimpin out my truck. how much do you think i could get for my rig, and should i part it out or sell it as a system?

I can help with a VERY rough guestimate, if you parted this out in the classifieds (prices do NOT include shipping):

TC-4 Rev. 2 -- $25 (??, couldn't nail down an exact price, supply/demand dependent)

Maxi-Jet 900 -- $10

Heatercore From '72 Chevy Nova -- $?? (depends on any modification you've made to improve on it)

AMD AIRGA 1700+ Tbred "A" -- $25 (consider the better 'B' core is going for $45 new right now)

Asus A7N8X nForce2 Mobo -- $50+

Abit Siluro GeForce 4 Ti4200 -- $100

Western Digital 40GIG 7.2K HDD -- $35

256MB Samsung PC2700 -- $25 (I have 2 of these, paid quite a bit for both too :( )

TurboLink 420W PSU -- $30

Toshiba DVD/CDRW Drive -- $?? (need more info on drive, prolly $80 for a 12X+ combo)

1 UV CCFL and Green Chieftec Server Chassis With Side Window -- $50

Tentative sub total: $430 plus shipping, packaging, time, heater core, and potential paypal fees.

keep it. You won't use it for a while and then after the "new" feeling of getting your lincens wears off, you will wih you still had it.

BTW what kind of truck and what aryou doing to it? I may bea able to help you :D

I would say keep it you can't get back the money you stuck into the computer. School is almost out, go get a job and earn some money to mod your truck with. At $6.00 an hour, (low am sure you can find a job that you make more) and 8 hours a day, at 5 days aweek you can have $960 Minus taxes of course... ;) in a month $960 is much more then you could get for your computer and you don't have to buy a new one.

how about you just dont waste money on a 1996 dodge dakota v6? flowmaster + v6 != anything good

Keep the pc, I agree with drdingo21 about the "new" feeling. I went through it also a couple of years ago, and I am wishing I kept some of the stuff I sold to fix up my xtreme.

unfortunatley, when i was his age....i pawned off all my PC parts so i could build my '89 IROC (TPI 350 700R4). now if you have a car that has a little bit of balls from the get go, it will be worth it, but for a pickup truck with a V-6....id say keep the comp! BTW....cars and computers are my addictions :D....unfortunately, i got so heavy into cars that i didnt get another PC till i was 18 and working at a comp store after i graduated. now ive got a 2001 sonoma....and the addiction is still there....afterall...a 4.3L chevy is a 350 with the 2 back cylinders cut off :D

Back