• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thinking about selling my custom built PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JustDepends

A few years ago I built my system for gaming and such, general tom foolery. But now I am in college and have lost most of my interests for games. I really do not need the perks of having a desktop computer. I recently purchases a laptop that is more than adequate for most games I enjoy playing anyways. So I have come to the decision that, for the right price, I might sell my computer. But I'm not sure that I'll be able to make much for it, seeing as how most of the components are out of date. So I was wondering what you guys thought? How much could I pull in if I actually sold this thing? I'm not really interested in parting out the components, as that is too much work and chances are I will be left with a pile of old components that won't be good for anything.

Here are my specs so you can get an idea:

i5 750
GTX 260 BFG Maxcore 55
Antec 900
4 GB A data ram
GA P55-UD2 Motherboard
750 W Ultra PSU
Thermaltake SpinQ cooler
Corsair Series 3 SSD (90gb?)
A simple LG DVD burner
Linksys N Wireless adapter

Thanks for the help :D

Was a reply here before the boards dumped earlier today.

Don't remember who advised, but was in the $500 range. Parted out maybe $600?

Sorry, it's old tech kinda, might as well use it for a desktop, it has 3-4 years of life as a good backup PC at home when college is out, let someone use it etc.

Oh, my bad. My schools internet is kinda buggy. Guess it did get posted earlier.

And that's really a shame since it cost me like $1500 or so. I guess I'll keep it. My parents have been asking for a desktop for a while. I'm sure they'll like the blue lights.

Ya, sadly that is old tech.. Fry's had a deal a few weeks where the i5 750 was $49 new. I bought it but haven't used it yet since they didn't have any 1156 board in stock and Im planning on using it for a htpc.

Bling? Heck, I thought that "rig of the month" entry had plenty enough bling on its own!
If I didn't know better, Ida thought that was a V8 engine on display! lol
BTW, it did get my vote.

Back