• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thinking of asking for a 5.1 for X-mas

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jaredavidporter

I saw a logitech one at Fry's for like 80$. I think this is it but this is off newegg and its less :santa2:

Its gonna have to be less than 100$. I'm not good when it comes to speakers so I came here to ask...

Last edited:

cruzinmitsu

I got one of those in the summer and I'm pretty happy with it. the bass is a little boomy but its ok. i would definitely buy it again for $53. check out buy.com or monarch i think they have it for 56 shipped

Alchemy1

Yeah, I have the X-530's and for the ~$45 I paid for them shipped I cannot complain. Most people would say that you can buy a better 2.1 system for the same money a cheap 5.1 setup will cost you, but that choice is up to you in the end.

Kalivos

The X-530 speakers are perfectly fine speakers. But if you can somehow press for a bit over $100, I'd agree with mdameron and go for the Z-5300e speakers. Definately worth the price. But if you can't, just settle for the X-530's, you won't be dissapointed.

azu

z-5300e are nice speakers.
paired with a good sound card though.
when i hooked them up to my laptop, it was no good.
The upper and mid range are nice, bass is sometimes overdone.
but it was well worth the $160 paid on new egg and for the THX certification.

I don't really think the cheaper 5.1 are worth it.
I heard them, the bass doesn't really sound quite right and some of the sounds are wierd.

So Id say, if youre really on a tight budget, get the more expensive 2.1 speakers if you can.