• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This $100ish Amazon PC Is Apparently "Perfect for gaming"...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I had a similar unit in the past. I didn't have a need for it, just it was cheap and something to play with. It's ok for light tasks like using it as a video streaming client. As mine was an older model, it struggled a bit with 4k YouTube playback but 1080p was fine.

In business uses, these could be used to run a looped display of promotional material for example, or just a thin client used to access a server where real work gets done. Quite common in banking for security since data doesn't leave the original system other than what's displayed at the time.

Dawid always makes me laugh when he approaches hardware like this as gaming hardware. On the other hand, I was wondering if it could stream Netflix, HBO Max & YouTube TV app at an acceptable pace.

Dawid always makes me laugh when he approaches hardware like this as gaming hardware. On the other hand, I was wondering if it could stream Netflix, HBO Max & YouTube TV app at an acceptable pace.

Sorry, one month necro.

Honestly, yeah I give it a solid shmaybe.

I grabbed one of those Evolve III Maestro netbooks from MC ~8 months back - N3450, 4GB RAM, 64GB eMMC onboard. It'll actually do 1080p playback smoothly (and 4k, but I was only hooked to a 1080p screen at the time so it may have been downscaled).

On the other hand I have a little Asus NUC with an N5100 which I *know* will do Netflix playback...Until it overheats, slams the CPU speed through the basement floor, and starts dropping frames.

So it really depends if these guys think they have better thermal management than Asus :shrug:

They can be if you know their limits. Light web browsing and basic media playback? Sure, they can be a fair bit more flexible than the typical media stick. If you can get a low impact flavor of *nix going, even better.

I'll agree gaming is a stretch though unless you're going old school - 2 decades old at least.

Back