• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

this CANT be the mouse everyone praises...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Twigs

I just got the logitech mx cordless duo for xmas, the keyboard and the mx700. I got it because everyone praises it as the best wireless mouse and its so good.... well, either everyone is severly overrating it. My mouse frequently stops, like it lost the connecition from the reciever. It will pause for 3-4 seconds and then start working again. It is terrible. The reciever is about a foot from my comp and moniter and about a foot and a half from the keyboard and mouse. The keyboard doesnt have this problem. I am gonna try to re connect the mouse but could there be something wrong?

OP
Twigs

Twigs

yes, the battereis charged overnight, it probably is interference...it seems better on the desktop since i reconnected it, but im gonna try it in the game i was having major problems with to make sure...

OP
Twigs

Twigs

ok, im guessing this is an interference problem, they keyboard was skipping too(would only type a few letters if i typed a whole word) I moved the reciever around...ill find the optimal spot for it later, gotta leave now.... also, when i just let my mouse sit there, the cursor moves...it goes to the right, even when im not touching it and nothing is moving...

Bensa

Are you using the USB connector only, or the PS/2 and mouse port combined? Mixing these two types will seriously screw up.

OP
Twigs

Twigs

huh? the thing came with 2 connectors, one goes in the keyboard port, the other is usb but came with an adapter to put it in the mouse port, i am using the adapter

T20

loose the adapter, use the USB. PS2 is way too slow, plus your PC probably see's it as a regular mouse..

Also a wireless mouse? lol you are not a gamer i see ;p

JoT

You can't fire me, I have
That particular wireless mouse is supposed to be excellent for gaming.

deRusett

I too got the duo, and have had no problems what so ever, I enjoy the keyboard which has integrated with my system wonderfully

the media button is a godsent, I can't believe I used to go around clicking shortcuts and using my speakers manually.

I have my reciver in an Open drawer, which remains proped open always. besure you listen to the instructions and keep it away from other devices, my reciver for my original Logitech cordless mouse died, it used to sit on my monitor worked for about 18-20 months then just died, mouse still works and can connect to other base stations. but the station is dead.

polarys425

Twigs said:
I just got the logitech mx cordless duo for xmas, the keyboard and the mx700. I got it because everyone praises it as the best wireless mouse and its so good.... well, either everyone is severly overrating it. My mouse frequently stops, like it lost the connecition from the reciever. It will pause for 3-4 seconds and then start working again. It is terrible. The reciever is about a foot from my comp and moniter and about a foot and a half from the keyboard and mouse. The keyboard doesnt have this problem. I am gonna try to re connect the mouse but could there be something wrong?

that P4 system is just too slow for that mouse :D

HaTE

you either got a broken set or you have something thats putting out a large energy field to be causing the interference, i've can have my receiver almost right next to my monitor without getting interference.

MaxiKana

I got the Dinovo duo (keyboard with mx900 mouse) and i love it, i get no laggin in games and as far as i can tell its more smooth then my old mx300... plus its teh s3x.

Silversinksam

Moderator/ Silver Paste Taster©
lansens said:
You need to keep the receiver a good distance from your speakers/sub. I hag a lag problem until I moved it. Just a thought.

After you follow this advise, flip the mouse over and hit the white button and try using channel #2, you could have cross talk with the keyboard

Aktunka

Just like others said...don't mix em as USB and PS/2. Use both as USB. Then, again as others said, make sure you aren't near some sort of interference. Check SSS's thing as well. And finally, you mentioned having a lot of problems in particular in some game. I saw someone else post something similar, although I can't recall in which forum, and the fix for them was to download the newest drivers and that cleared up the freakiness in the game they were having issues with (think it was BF 1942 but not sure). Anyhow, good luck!

Krowa 02

I use mine with the usb thing it came with. Its just 1 USB cord, thats right isnt it?

Im having troulbe getting used to the mouse, hopefully I can get used to it. This keyboard is simply amazing though, I absolutley love it, didnt have t oget used to it much since I came off an old logitech keyboard and it is very similar.