• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This guy hates his 9800 pro=too slow!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how this guy is crying about money problems (thats as far as I bothered to read). If he spent as much time writing his resume as he did on that post he'd probably have a much better job lol.

FPS

Overclocker550 said:

OC550, are these the settings you've played the whole game? Because even though your FPS are high, the quality is HORRIBLE!! Even though I have around 35-60fps at that same place all my settings are crancked up to Very High (except water, Ultra High) but everything is not that awfully crappy.

I think if you'd play it on a much powerfull card you'd finaly buy yourself a new-gen card ;).

Or my guess is you just changed all the settigns to low just to get such high FPS, eh? :)

: buy a ti4200
: I just might at this rate
: an overclocked ti4200 isnt that much behind a stock 9800 pro

A-hahahahahaha!!!!!!!1!!!!1

On that note, though, a 9800 Pro is a fast card! But if I read correctly, it's continuing to artifact even at stock speeds... so possibly it is a bad chip, and just got strained a bit too far during his mild OC. As long as he didn't glue anything to it (as it sounds like he didn't...) he should be okay for an RMA.

Has anyone else here heard of cards artifacting at stock speeds when they have heat sinks on the RAM? I'd read on accelenation that this was somthing that was going around as of late - that some memory wouldn't operate below it's normal "operating temp." Games played on a card with RAM sinks would artifact, until the heat sink was removed...

http://accelenation.com/?dp.dt.2004.4.6

Wonder if that'd help the guy out... sounds like he was using taped-on RAM sinks. Just a thought.

Re: FPS

LogRus said:

OC550, are these the settings you've played the whole game? Because even though your FPS are high, the quality is HORRIBLE!! Even though I have around 35-60fps at that same place all my settings are crancked up to Very High (except water, Ultra High) but everything is not that awfully crappy.

I think if you'd play it on a much powerfull card you'd finaly buy yourself a new-gen card ;).

Or my guess is you just changed all the settigns to low just to get such high FPS, eh? :)

No kidding, that games shot of his doesn't even look like Far Cry. The IQ is turned so far down the game is hardly recognizable.

Anyways, I also agree that this guy has serious problems if he doesn't find his overclock good enough to run games. My 9800 Pro runs at perfectly playable speeds (though not amazingly fast with AA/AF cranked) when it's at stock. I gain an extra 5 fps once I overclock it the small amount it is.

Re: FPS

LogRus said:

I don't really see what's so bad, I've never played the game, could you maybe get a similar screen shot so I could make a juxtaposition?

tom go check any of the 10 farcry threads in the games forums. there are dozens of ss's. taken on 9800 pros with the IQ turned up.

that ss oc550 posted looks like garbage. i wouldn't even play the game if i had to turn the settings that far down.

I love my 9800 Pro. Obviously this kid doesnt know what hes doing. For all we know this whole conversation was made up. Waste of time thread IMO. Its just overclocker550's way of trying to bash ATI. Pretty lame. :rolleyes:

IQ

i dont have the full version so this is best i could do..

1024 everything on just high.......

pic resized to 640 and only 35k too....

so looks crappy.

I hate to tell you but... 168 fps...

Attachments

• farcry0006 (small).jpg
    farcry0006 (small).jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 194
I pasted this actual converstation I had with this dude. I did not take the time to type it, its a copy and paste with our screenames removed to protect our privacy. and yes my screenshot looks like crap and no I do not play at those settings, I run 1024x768 everything maxed out instead. I was just showing how powerful my computer is if I turn down the IQ, he was totally amazed how many fps my ti4200 spat out LOL

sry oc550 i just wanna slap that kid...some of my friends get 30 fps in COUNTER STRIKE and they dont complain..that kid is a deff only child...who likes fish

i think we could have all seen a mile away oc550 telling the guy to buy a ti4200. Still its really sad when people compalin like that. He has a nice card and should enjnoy it rather than whining constantly,.

Re: IQ

theELVISCERATOR said:
i dont have the full version so this is best i could do..

1024 everything on just high.......

pic resized to 640 and only 35k too....

so looks crappy.

I hate to tell you but... 168 fps...

What is that place/mission you took that SS at?

EDIT: lol nvm.. Demo? Strange.. I don't remmember that place.. or I've had a different demo?

========

oc550, make this guy do some exersice.. like this:

http://www.freewebs.com/imageshere/FarCry0031.jpg

up'n'down - up'n'down ... :D

Last edited:
OC550, at first I just saw you as someone proud of a purchase. You like your Ti4200, and that's great. Every now and then you'd take it a little too far, but whatever.

Now, you just come of as a total jerk. Did you even bother to ask the other party involved if you could post this? You're exploiting someone elses problems to prove your own contrived points. Maybe hiding the screen names kept it from some, but I'm sure plenty could have put two and two together like I did.

That's the first thing that came to my mind. I don't care how fast you think your Ti4200 is, but you're certainly being quite an @SS.

:mad: ....loggin conversation eh?

Atleast you did me the favor of blotting out meh name lol:p .Pplz can flame all they want. There were far more extenuation circumstances that you failed to mention:

#1 First and foremost that was after a loooong day of work.... 9.5 hrs to be exact.

#2 I *do* have a curse of getting crap hardware, and I do know what Im doing.

#3 Also, you failed to mention that I got a crap 2400+ that wont even do 2.5 despite voltage.

#4 An NF7 whoes OVP (over-voltage-proctection) kicks on after 1.8v.

#5 My BH5 getting *STOLEN* from my dorm room

#6 Had a good 9800NP...but had Infineon RAM

However despite all this. I can still break 20k in 3d01 and 6.5 in 3d03.
Just next time b4 you do this...... be sure you mention the whole situation. Im that much of an a$$hole in real life. That was just a moment of weakness;).

And if you recall.... I decided to not RMA it on principal, for all the right reasons. It is unreasonable to expect such OCs. You are correct all you pay for is stock... but I can always deam!

_________

Finally I figured out that my problem was a driver issue. I now have my rightful 432 | 399 stable again:cool:.
.....Maybe my standards of perfection are too high:p. But hey! Atleast I can joke about it.
You have yet to admit you addiction to both 3d01SE and Ti4200s:cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back