• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This is an ok o/c eh?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyranos

1.61 ghz at 44c load? xp1700 aroia "9", multi 12 fsb 133. I wish I could figure out how to make my mobo recognize the 166fsb switch setting.

PhobMX

Tyranos said:
1.61 ghz at 44c load? xp1700 aroia "9", multi 12 fsb 133. I wish I could figure out how to make my mobo recognize the 166fsb switch setting.

its ok, but look at my rig, i got a premium board and chip and i bet the 200Mhz my system is faster than yours are hell worth it...

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
yes its good.could even stand a bit more since the temps look good.long as u are possative its accurate.

i dont own that mobo but i think you would just set it to auto detect on the dip switchs and then adjust it in the bios.

Fuzzy

you should upgrade the ram to get the 166 fsb, deathstar u were wrong :p :cool: :) My ram let me up the fsb 10 mhz and i can still go higher but im tryin to make sure its stable :D

er *edit* 20 mhz :D

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
wrong? you mean the mobo you have? well shoulda said that in your thread. and im glad i was wrong also.

im actually suprised a ga 7v will do 175fsb but kool. when you get to 200 ill really be wrong huh? lol not gonna happen!

OP
Tyranos

Tyranos

No, there is absolutely no multiplier menu in the bios on this board. Even when you put it to auto. I'll put the fsb jumper to 166, and it will boot as 100. :( I think the mobo might sense what type of ram it is and limit the fsb to the correct freqs.

Fuzzy

are you sure you have the jumper settings correct? That happened to me with my ga7 vax and it took me a minute to realize I'm stupid :p I'm looking at my manual right now and the two settings (166 and 100 fsb) are alike except oposite.. wait am I making sense? The colors confuse you I know so make sure that the one on the right i pushed up and the one on the left is pushed down. Hope this helps and to fix you mult just use the other jumper located right near the cpu!