• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This seems pricey for an i7 CPU...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kuroimaho

Are you sure it will stop at 1300 ?
If it will end up being an Extreme edition only cpu, 300 for the unlock and the privilege to use few month earlier than launch could make a few people think.

JonSimonzi

well i see one for $750 not on ebay though..

Only difference between the $750 one, pretty sure the Xeon doesn't have an unlocked multi :)

As far as the eBay listing, yeah it's against the whole ES agreement. But for the price, I wouldn't be surprised if when they are released, they have a $1500 price tag on them, since the current i7 EE chips have a $1K retail price tag. Even if the hexa-cores will only retail for $1K, some people will pay a premium to have it first :)

Evilsizer

Senior Forum Spammer
Only difference between the $750 one, pretty sure the Xeon doesn't have an unlocked multi :)

As far as the eBay listing, yeah it's against the whole ES agreement. But for the price, I wouldn't be surprised if when they are released, they have a $1500 price tag on them, since the current i7 EE chips have a $1K retail price tag. Even if the hexa-cores will only retail for $1K, some people will pay a premium to have it first :)

well take a look for a sec at both CPUZ-SS's. both state ES in the ID string/spec line. both show a Multi range, last time i saw if it was unlocked, it wouldn't have a range. intel may have changed things for all i know but both are ES's. i would take the one for $750 over the ebay posting A0 is first run silicon from what i recall being told. while no stepping is listed in the ES for $750, it does have a model in the spec line, which to me means newer stepping.

ghost_recon88

Senior Jedi Master
well take a look for a sec at both CPUZ-SS's. both state ES in the ID string/spec line. both show a Multi range, last time i saw if it was unlocked, it wouldn't have a range. intel may have changed things for all i know but both are ES's. i would take the one for $750 over the ebay posting A0 is first run silicon from what i recall being told. while no stepping is listed in the ES for $750, it does have a model in the spec line, which to me means newer stepping.

It's a stepping 1, whereas the eBay one is stepping 0. Therefore, I believe the $750 is a B0 chip. And with an updated CPU-Z, the eBay one may list an actual model number.

doz

A few guys at XS have these. They are real and legit, if you are willing to pay for them. They provide some sick overclocks at good voltages btw.

OP
4GHZ_or_bust

4GHZ_or_bust

Now 6GHz or Bust!
The person selling that CPU, if Intel determines is the same one who got it from Intel with signed agreement, is the one that is going to get sued for breach of contract.