• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This sucks!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Glaze132

OK so right now I am at my friends house and notice immediately that the computer is beyond slow it takes forever just to see the start menu it was that slow. Anyway I downloaded spybot figuring there was spyware/adware etc. Anyway it found the VX2 Trojan. This computer is a windows 98 computer and I downloaded the vx2finder.exe that was posted on the front page and I got an error message that it was only good for NT based systems. Do any of you know of something to get rid of the VX2 from a win98 machine?
Thanks in Advance

OP
Glaze132

Glaze132

Ramlaen said:
adaware has a vx2 plug in you could give that a shot
Click on this link and scroll down to point 7 Here It states that if either SpyBot or Adaware detect that if I want to get rid of VX2 fully I would have to use VX2 finder. It is less than a month old so maybe things have changed and adaware can correctly get rid of VX2 Finder, I guess I will try it sometime. I told him to wait about three days before just formatting and starting over in hopes that something would come to our attention. Muchas gracias!!!

glebka11

Try Pest Patrol, they got a pretty big database of that crap.
McAfee Stinger is a great tool too, try it out (dont think it will remove what you need, but its still a good idea to do a search, maybe you will find some other trojan/worm/spyware)