• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thoroughbred...when???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LandShark

Super Shark Moderator
gonna upgrade my main rig soon. t-bird [email protected] (can't wait any longer....)

and just wondering is anyone of u have any idea when will the thoroughbred come out??

heard on Mar.20th. but then they said NO, it's only simpling for partner around that date. might be another 8(!)weeks away.

any idea???

i've waited out the whole Palomino preiod already! can't wait any longer.

Silver

Senior Citizen (aka old fart)
I would still hang in there. Have you noticed the 2000 and 1900 falling. They are doing this for a reason.

Yodums

March 20th is when AMD sends out its processor to motherboard manufactures to examine the chip itself etc. It won't be until May until they come out.

Just hang in there.

Bruno

I expect that in, a week or two, we'll see a plethora of tests all over the net. That's how AMD plays "public relations", and advertises.

Bruno

Overclocker550

LandShark said:
gonna upgrade my main rig soon. t-bird [email protected] (can't wait any longer....)

and just wondering is anyone of u have any idea when will the thoroughbred come out??

heard on Mar.20th. but then they said NO, it's only simpling for partner around that date. might be another 8(!)weeks away.

any idea???

i've waited out the whole Palomino preiod already! can't wait any longer.

man thats funny. wish I were rich. Im upgrading my celeron 366MHz to a t-bird 1.3GHz

Overclocker550

LandShark said:
hey! when i upgraded my main rig. u can have my T-bird......;)

heh I already bought one. waiting for him to ship it :) you wont see much of a difference from 1.333GHz to XP2000, maybe 33% faster. wait tilll they have 5GHz

AKDUDE

So I take it they ARE shipping at the end of the month now?
At least to the OEMs....

Course I doubt it will work on me KT133a board at this point :(