• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[THOUGHTS] Micro ATX media system...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr.Guvernment

I bought a nice little microatx case for my pIII 500 system - but the system does not seem to want to work now - so i figure forget it, not going to get a head ache over this so am going to give the board / cpu to a friend.

now, this system will become a media center so a mbo with 5.1 + sound and preferably an AGp 8x slot would be nice..

how does this look (from newegg, this is if my first order actually works and comes through - due to my location)

(i do want to O/C hence why i took the mobile - also becuse of the low wattage it uses.
  • COOLMAX Ultra ATA-133 IDE 18" 3H Round Cable Transparent Copper -RETAIL $5.99 x2
  • Thermaltake Volcano 11+ Xaser Edition, Opti-fin technology, made of All Copper $25.99
  • OCZ Premier Value Series, Dual Channel Series 184-Pin 512MB (256X2) DDR PC-3200, Model OCZ400512V3DC-K - Retail $94
  • ASUS "A7N8X-VM/400" nForce2 IGP Motherboard for AMD Socket A CPU -RETAIL $84
  • AMD 45 Watt Mobile Athlon XP 2600+, 266 MHz FSB, 512K L2 Cache Processor - OEM $95

thoughts ? improvements?
i would like intergrated video so that right now i dont have to buy a vid card - but down the line if i find a good prices AIW 9700 / 9800 i can throw one in