• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thunderbird 1.4ghz can go faster than XP 1600,1700,1800

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
res0r9lm said:

Rangerjoe, All us KT266a board owners want to thank you for being a sucker I mean tester for VIA. I learn't my lesson with the KT133 chipset. I can't believe people are still making the same mistake with the KT333 come on every body wait for the KT333a

well i bought the board before the kt266a chipset was out... i didnt know ANYTHING about computer hardware when i put my computer together....i also plan on getting a kt333 board, or, if they come out real soon, the kt333a board...i wanna raid on a board like that

the t-birds can definitely compete, they just run a little hotter. There isn't much of a performance difference at the same clock speed.

My Thunderbird 1.4ghz @ 1.54ghz 146fsb will run at 47Deg C full load that is running Quake 3 for 1 hour while runing prime95. Not bad for A t-bird. That is also why I am looking into a case mod which includes a mini refrigerator :)

Still looking for a Golden Socket if anyone knows where to obtain one.

Power House

I have a 1.4 tbird,this is an XP2000 unlocked,this
is a sample of what the XP will do.My tbird will do 190
front bus times 2 equals 380 as was posted a while
back.
Aren't we all having fun.

res0r9lm said:

Rangerjoe, All us KT266a board owners want to thank you for being a sucker I mean tester for VIA. I learn't my lesson with the KT133 chipset. I can't believe people are still making the same mistake with the KT333 come on every body wait for the KT333a

Damn, I thought the KT333 was the KT266b :D

I don't think there will be an "a" probably will be a KT400 then maybe an a if they don't get DDRII right first go.

Road Warrior

RoadWarrior said:

Damn, I thought the KT333 was the KT266b :D

I don't think there will be an "a" probably will be a KT400 then maybe an a if they don't get DDRII right first go.

Road Warrior
yea I guess your right. Via just trying to throw us a curve.

SEAWOLF

I am very intrested in how you was ablt to get that spped out of your 1.4ghz thunderbird. What was your setup, What kind of cooling, Clock adjustments etc.

Nice Scores!!

If you had a t-bird at 190 fsb, you'd have basically a 2500+, not a 2000+. You would be running at a speed of 1995! That's cool though that you were able to hit 1,79 ghz. I'd reccomend that you lower your multiplier and raise your fsb though. Right now you're running at 143 fsb, if you were to lower your multi and up your fsb, you'd be getting a better system performance. Your RAM would also be running faster which would help your performance out alot. If you get the fsb as high as you can, you'll really see that system smoke :burn:

This thread brings up an intersting point. After five Birds in 2001, I finally hit 1718 MHz with dual pelts last June. That was the last AMD chip I bought. Except for the challange of a little extra speed, from a performance perspective, there was no real reason to upgrade.

Colin your sig rules!
when the next AMD MP chipset comes out and theres a good o/c'ing board for it, then MP tbreds here i come:)
its gonna be a few good months though:(*Malakai waits in suspense*
-Malakai

Back