• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ti 4600 recomendation ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

petreza

Hi,

I am planning of buying a Ti 4600 soon. Here are a few questions I have:

(keep in mind that I plan to watercool the core and possibly the memory and I need one with output to 2 monitors)

1. From the many manufacturers which are considered to be the better ones?

2. Of those which is the best performer (overclocker) FOR STABLE GAMING? (I do not care for benchmarks)

3. Is there a Ti 4600 that is sold with core+memory waterblocks installed? How does it compare to the one from #2? Would you recomend that I rather buy the one from #2 and install the waterblocks myself?

Thank you for your advice!!!!!!:) :) :D

PS: I went to PriceWatch and the Ti 4600 start from $210. How much should I expect to pay for "the best" Ti 4600 right now? Will that price fall soon?

Thanks again!

Last edited:

DaedalusX

Leadtek is okay for performance, but they often have heating issues because of the gargantuan hsf they put on there that actually keeps heat bottled in some places.

Gainward is overall the best Ti4600 you can buy. There isn't one company that makes the best 4400 and 4200, or any other combination, every card has a best and as far as my experience with people's reactions to all the different 4600s, Gainward has gotten the most praise.

But let's not forget Chaintech, they make a mean one too.

ntpphong

i have a leadtek and i can give you prove on that about the heat...i should have gone for the gainward version =/

Cisco Kid

I would follow Pinky's advice and get a Visiontek even if they have gone out of business, if you plab to use the card as it is then you will be fine there are plenty of drivers for the card and if the card does not work right you can return it to the store you bought it at.

If you mod it in any way it voids your warranty anywyas, they are the cheapest 4600 right now

cisco kid

Samoyed

Screw the water cooling and take the 100 bucks saved and get a 9700. Probaby will give the same performance as the H2O 4600.

Pinky

Samoyed said:
Screw the water cooling and take the 100 bucks saved and get a 9700. Probaby will give the same performance as the H2O 4600.

Probably... the 9700 at stock speeds WILL exceed the watercooled Ti4600!:p

Last edited:

Cisco Kid

baqai said:
if benchmark is not of any concern and all you want is stable gaming .. than why not go for a ti4200 by albatron or MSI ?

cause his original thread states he wants a 4600 not a 4200 assuming he is trying to future proof for gaming LOL

cisco kid