• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ti4200 and a older system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tomsawyer

Got an older system with a AMD Thunderchicken 850 overclocked to just about 1.39 thanks to watercooling :). It has 396mbs of pc133 SDRAM. Anyway the GE256 that it has in its AGP slot is dying and I figured to throw a new low end card into it. I got my hands on a Aopen ti4200 golden sample and it should be arriving in a couple days.

My question how much overkill is this card for this old of a system? Is this card going to be really limited in its capabilites? Come April I will be building a new system but for now I use what I have heheh.

HotKoala

Depends on the resolution you play and what other additional eyecandy features you enable.

Anything higher than 1280X1024 would be video limited. Adding Anti-alaising and anisotropic filtering would make it even more videolimited.

Other than CPU limited games -- UT2k3 and flightsim are the only ones I can think of -- you would be fine for the majority of games.