• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tiger Direct

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

silent bob

Team 32 Folding Ghetto Hanging PC Senior
I have nothing but good things to say about them , I have made several orders through them and always recieved them in a timely manner , always good stuff.
I know SSS does NOT like them but .. I have not had any problems as of yet , but then again I have not had to RMA anything yet either , so we will see how that goes , which I hope is never .

Silversinksam

Moderator/ Silver Paste Taster©
silent bob said:
I have nothing but good things to say about them , I have made several orders through them and always recieved them in a timely manner , always good stuff.
I know SSS does NOT like them but .. I have not had any problems as of yet , but then again I have not had to RMA anything yet either , so we will see how that goes , which I hope is never .

Your right I don't like them, but as long as you get what you ordered and you don't have a need to contact their dilusional Customer support, you can get pretty good deals from them. One thing that you need to factor in is they overcharge for their shipping.

I will order from them only if I can't find the item at Newegg. But if they both have the item I want and its a few dollars more at Newegg, I will buy it at Newegg, because Newegg cares about their customers. TigerDirect cares about Tigerdirect.

But to each thier own and I can't fault anyone for trying to get the most for their hard earned dollar :cool:

9mmCensor

Disabled
Re: Re: Tiger Direct

Silversinksam said:

Newegg cares about their customers. TigerDirect cares about Tigerdirect.

I would disagree with that... New Egg cares about NewEgg but has gone the route that, envolves the mentality, "If I treat the customer well, they will come back to NewEgg, even if we dont have the absolute best price"

Silversinksam

Moderator/ Silver Paste Taster©
Re: Re: Re: Tiger Direct

9mmCensor said:

I would disagree with that... New Egg cares about NewEgg but has gone the route that, envolves the mentality, "If I treat the customer well, they will come back to NewEgg, even if we dont have the absolute best price"

I hear you but this speaks for itself Exhibit A/ Exhibit B I have seen Newegg many times eat an order or give a serious discount if things went astray. This shows they care about the customers.

Once a Tigerdirect Customer Support Supervisor told me Newegg customer support personal sit around all day leaving themselves bogus Evals, then he hung up on me when I asked him his name and If I could quote him on that.

Tigerdirect recently liquidated D-Tek waterblocks and the reason was at the time they did not pay D-tek for the blocks and accessories. I stand by my comments Tigerdirect only cares about Tigerdirect. :(

stool

Same old subject. I've always found their shipping excessive, and the last time I ordered some rebatable items, they wouldn't provide the rebate forms until the time period was up(said the rebate pages on their site were down), then refused to honor the rebates. One bad was enough for me.

itshondo

I never wear clothing (even if free) that advertises for a company (Coca Cola, ect).

But I do wear my Newegg hat & t-shirt they gave me (when I purchased items from them).

I like them that much.

Tony420

I NEED TO CONTACT SILVERSINKSAM, BEFORE I GET ADDE
I have made only 2 purchases at tiger direct and it felt better than newegg! (cheaper price even after shipping gouge on both items + no tax). I bought my X2 and I also bought a BFG 6800U OCX which I recieved in 4 days, then the 7800 came out and I wanted to return the 6800, they let me RMA credit for the full ammount towards the 7800 which was only 102$ more :)

THANKS TIGER DIRECT!

DDR-PIII

Disabled
this is tiger direct.ca ? i have a question about what type of payment they accept, does anyone know if the yaccept money orders ?

Tony420

I NEED TO CONTACT SILVERSINKSAM, BEFORE I GET ADDE
to add to how good tiger direct is

They processed my RMA over the weekend and shipped out my 7800 today. Might I add they shipped the card without me paying the difference yet? In other words they sent out merchandice to which I still have yet to pay for...

pik4chu

Senior Yellow Forum Rat
Tony420 said:
to add to how good tiger direct is

They processed my RMA over the weekend and shipped out my 7800 today. Might I add they shipped the card without me paying the difference yet? In other words they sent out merchandice to which I still have yet to pay for...

:shrug: I havent ever had to pay for restocking fees or anything related to returns from newegg either. I send it back, order something else they charge/refund the difference and it still gets to me in record time.

Mr.Guvernment

j8ku5raxa&us9AxuJakuhA

my uncle ahs shooped in store in their toronto location in ontario

canada

i have been with him

My thought on the store it's self

1. messy
2. not organized
3. NO price tags on items they should be on or none at all - many OEM boxes wit no clear labels
4. almost every package on the floor has been opened it appears.
5. dusty / dirty
6. Customer service is NON existent - except for the group of 4 or 5

employees all talking in the corner avoiding customers until you ask

them about 50 times can they help you.

Now, from what my uncle has bought off the top of my head in the last year:

5 motherboards - all were returned for replacements (i was there for

2 of them and wsa installing them myself - they were dead)

2 AMD cpu's - again both were dead - had to return

1 G4 mx vid card - was dead had to return

1 stick 512 pqi ram - dead - had to be returned.

i have finally convinced him to go back to pccanada or pcvillage

canada as they never sell such crap to it's customers and he has never in the 6 years shopping with them had to return anything.

Brundle Fly

Disabled
DDR-PIII said:
this is tiger direct.ca ? i have a question about what type of payment they accept, does anyone know if the yaccept money orders ?

Visa/American Express/Mastercard/PayPal. I haven't made a purchase from them yet, but I fully intend to. As for heavy shippping charges mentioned by others, the cost for shipping a new mobo to me will be $14. I can't drive to Markham and back that cheap, 120 miles round trip. The taxes our gov't robs us for are more than the shipping. :bang head

Brundle Fly

Disabled
Dunno man, about how "expensive" it is. Let's see, what's a piece of paper and an envelope cost to mail? 1/2 a buck, and it weighs nothing. That's for a maybe 2 week delivery, in Ontario. For a mobo which weighs considerably more than a letter, which I'll probably get 3 days after the order, $14 seems like a damn good bargain. :D

hawtrawkr

I ordered a couple things from them years ago before I stumbled on Googlegear and then Newegg. The main reason I quit using them was the shipping and taxes (i live in illinois) I did have to talk to their customer support once and it wasnt that great of an experience.

Brundle Fly

Disabled
In Canada we don't have the option of Newegg, I don't know about Googlegear. Since Tigerdirect set up their store/wharehouse in Markham ON, it seems we have a much better delivery time on products we order.