• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tiger MP Problems (Help!!)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Orion66

Registered
Hey,

I just got two xp-1700 chips that have the bridge connected and installed them on the board. Now the system keeps locking up when I go into bios or when loading into windows xp. The system
locks up when the drivers are being loaded. Pulled everything out
of my system and still have the problem.

I had two MP-1000 in this system before and the only diff is the new cpu's. The start of the boot shows that bios is finding them
as 1700's and says there are two of them.

The 1700's worked on another dual system so they are connected correctly on the bridge..

Anyone have an idea?

Thank,
Michael..

David

Forums Super Moderator
Did the CPUs work OK on another MP board? Perhaps the MP chipset doesnt like the Tbreds.

cmcquistion

IT Director Senior
What PSU are you using?

Are you using the same RAM as before?

Have you tried resetting the CMOS?

Does the BIOS report two 1700 MP's or XP's?

OP
O

Orion66

Registered
I'm using a 420W PSU with the ram as the same. (the only diff is the CPU's) And BIOS does see 1700 MP's. And reset the cmos many times..

I think this board just doesn't like these 1700's.. Will have to put the 1000's back in..

Michael..

OP
O

Orion66

Registered
Orion66 said:
I'm using a 420W PSU with the ram as the same. (the only diff is the CPU's) And BIOS does see 1700 MP's. And reset the cmos many times..

I think this board just doesn't like these 1700's.. Will have to put the 1000's back in..

Michael..

Thanks for the idea of switching the CPU's.. Looks like that did the problem.. System is now running..
Michael..

dagamore

does it wokr with just one cpu?
if so does it work with both cpu's in single CPU mode?
if so have you switched the cpu's around?

What brand of PSU are you using?
have your tired a minimal install, ie just 1 hd, low-end video card (gf3 or lower), 1 cdrom, minimal amount of fans?

dr0p0ut

Registered
you might want to check your atx connector. when tim i got my fcontinous reboot after 1 and half of uptime, the atx connector burn itself out. this was cause by adding 3 10k scsi drive in sw
raid 0. so watch your powersupply

dr0p0ut

FunkDaMonkMan

Orion66 said:

Thanks for the idea of switching the CPU's.. Looks like that did the problem.. System is now running..
Michael..

no problem. Sometimes these dualie boards are just goofy.