• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Time for a Soltek section?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
TimeCop, let us know what you think of it. In another thread, somebody ran benchmarks with different DDR ram. What kind of ram will you be running on it?

Let us know what you think of it?

It is going to rock, it has too... :) It's not like I'm going from a KT266A to a KT333 board, I'm going from a Celeron 700 to an Athlon XP 1800. I don't have anything to base it on expect this Celeron which it should blow away, using ANY board out there. :)

This is going to be my first AMD system (not counting the K6-266 I ran years ago) I'm finally getting away from Intel. Almost bought a 1.1a Tualatin that would have probably got me to 1466MHz but still wouldn't be able to keep up with the Duran.

Wow now I'm rambling, sorry here is the answer to you question:

I'm going to be running a single DDR 2700C2 256MB Corsair module, with an Athlon 1800 XP on the Soltek SL-75DRV5 initially.

I just ordered Soltek 75DRV5 and I think it would ba agreat idea for a forum for Soltek..

everytime ive been here in the past week or so this thread has been either 1st 2nd or 3rd...maybe if we keep it up we will get our soltek forum

I should be getting the rest of my parts tomorrow from the UPS man, MB, Case, ect.

My DDR 2700C2 Corsair memory came in today...
the 3000 was only like a dollar more, I was thinking I should have ordered that for future upgrades but I figure when I do upgrade again I will be buying a new MB and better memory will be out by then.

Also I thought I read, someone's 3000 memory wasn't working in the board... maybe it was another board though..

"The overclocking on the 75DRV5 was pretty successful, even though I wasn’t a big fan of how it needs to be done. The use of dipswitches is rather annoying, even when the motherboard is outside of the case so using your fingers to change the settings inside a case is simply horrible! :) It is good to see at least FSB and Vcore adjustments available, but I can’t imagine it was very hard to go to the full bios option."

:(

The only down side I see to the board.

This is a fantastic board, but because there is little info out there overclockers dont buy it. I think that is a little unfair.
Please make a section for our boards we want to overclock and mod as well!!
Thanks, hope someone out there pays some attention to us!!

Last edited:
Back