• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Time for Pinky to get support!! :p

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pinky

Okay, got my new Visiontek Ti4600 VIVO card. 3d and 2D is great, but I can't get the video-in to work (with my VCR).

I use a RCA to svideo adapter into the svideo in (split cable) that comes with the card.

I installed the 41.03 drivers and the latest WDM (1.16) drivers (to support the video features).

My guess is that the svideo/rca cable doesn't transmit backwards, meaning I need to get a bidirectional adapter to send a signal back through the svideo (instead of converting svideo to composite like it's designed to do).

Thoughts? Fears? Super Bowl picks?

Kendan

Senior Punk
you have to use the drivers from the compony that makes the card for Vivo to work. Which in your case is visiontek. Try that and I bet it will work. I had the same problem a while back with my Gainward Vivo.
Good luck Pinky:D

Edit: I just noticed you saying "and the latest WDM (1.16) drivers (to support the video features)." I did not know they seperated there VIVO and nvidea drivers.

zoopa_man

What program are you using to send the video out to your VCR ? I have power DVD and never got it to work....Then i found a program from Creative called PC-DVD Player and all i have to do is click a little icon that looks like a TV and everything works fine for me. I have a creative DVD card though...I've never tried it through my GeForce card before... My setup is exactly like yours though...a svideo pig tail that goes Svideo --> single RCA..I ran a single RCA cable from there to my VCR in.....I set my VCR to INPUT (there's a button on my vcr remote i push).....I'll start playing the DVD on my computer then Hit the TV icon to change the program's output to the Svideo and Vaula'

---make sure your DVD program is set up to send the signal out through the svideo

--make sure your VCR is set to receive input signal

Other then that i'm not really familiar enough with using the GeForce cards to send out a video signal...someone else will have to help you there bro.... Hope I can be of some help though... Enjoy.

OP
Pinky

Pinky

I think I didn't clarify enough...

I have no TV. I was counting on using the video-in on the card to watch any VHS tapes I have.

I verified all the needed components are installed in device manager, and I'm using cyberlink's Power Director 2.0 to "capture" in the input signal, and it sees the nvidia capture card installed, switches to that channel/input, and it's just blank/black, which is why I was suspecting it was an adapter issue.

Maxvla

i have yet to really use the vivo on my card but i hope its not this difficult if i ever need it. i've kinda fiddled around with it and it seemed to work but i never really got into a project with it.

Maxvla

Silversinksam said:

I think Pinky would go down with the ship before he uses the supplied disk :D
rather attempt to use it as a ring floatation device :p

Kendan

Senior Punk
At least try them or the newest for the card from the manufacturers site. That way we can rule them out if they don't help the problem.

OP
Pinky

Pinky

Tried the drivers off the cd (30.30's) and the WDM again and still doesn't work.

I'm leaning more and more towards needing a bidirectional cable. I may have a friend locally who has one that he might not need, otherwise it's radioshack (unless I can find one on eBay cheaper) :rolleyes:

Robin Hood

Can you borrow a highband camcorder with an S-video socket and cable to see if that works - then you will know if it's your RCA/SVHS.

vsaltv

I was summoned here to help fix this problem. It's probably the adapter. Test it using a direct svideo source, it's the only way to be sure. :)

plague

Pinky - I think you're right that its the cable. I have a Gainward VIVO, and it works fine with the latest detonator drivers + WDM. Does the card also have an RCA in that you could just hook the cable from the vcr to? If that worked, then you know its the s-video adapter.

OP
Pinky

Pinky

Okay, bought the radio shack bidirectional RCA to svideo adapter and it works, and works well. Thanks for the help folks, looks like this one was nailed early on! :)

So now I need suggestions on the best way to display my VHS tapes on my computer (don't really need to capture them, just display them).

OP
Pinky

Pinky

Virtual Dub seems to work well, set it to capture and it displays 720x480 in preview mode, which suits me fine for now, but if anyone has a better suggestion, feel free to fire away! :)

Cisco Kid

Pinky said:
Okay, got my new Visiontek Ti4600 VIVO card. 3d and 2D is great, but I can't get the video-in to work (with my VCR).

I use a RCA to svideo adapter into the svideo in (split cable) that comes with the card.

I installed the 41.03 drivers and the latest WDM (1.16) drivers (to support the video features).

My guess is that the svideo/rca cable doesn't transmit backwards, meaning I need to get a bidirectional adapter to send a signal back through the svideo (instead of converting svideo to composite like it's designed to do).

Thoughts? Fears? Super Bowl picks?

btw what did you for the card, you must have got a good deal correct?? just curious?

cisco kid