• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Time for something better

• Thread starter Dragon_Engineer2
  • Start date
Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
D

Dragon_Engineer2

Well air cooling has gotten me as far as it can.I want to move up to phase change cooling but want a pre built unit.Right now I'm looking at using the The Prometeia Cooling System.Ive read the reviews of it and I like it.However I cant seem to find any one that has them in stock or even has them listed on their site.Are these units even available in the U.S. yet?Also any suggestions or recommendations for a first time phase change user?

OP
D

Dragon_Engineer2

I would love to but I don't have access to the parts I need to make one or tools to make one.

OP
D

Dragon_Engineer2

Hmmm I'm confused on one of the aspects of using the Prometeia .Do you still need to use foam around the socket and on the back of the mother board?Will a heater be needed on the back of the board?

nealric

Hmmm I'm confused on one of the aspects of using the Prometeia .Do you still need to use foam around the socket and on the back of the mother board?Will a heater be needed on the back of the board?
yes and probalby yes