• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Time to get rid of my note 4, any advice?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
FWIW, I can say my wife's S7 (regular, not edge but same camera hardware) has an incredible camera. I mean, I am blown away by the quality and I use a DSLR. Obviously it's not as good as a DSLR, but compared to my G3 and her former S5, the difference is night & day; and absolutely crazy good for a phone. I'm thinking of going with one when I can upgrade (gave her my upgrade and have to wait for hers to come up in April), just because of the stellar camera.

I can agree on that.. samsung has had one of the best cameras i've ever used aside from a standalone camera. "Most" of them can take a picture directly in a RAW format that you can recompile on your PC for an even better picture.. I've taken a few as RAW with my note4 and was amazed. Mind you it takes a lot of extra work to do, but worth it depending on what you're using the pic for.

FWIW, I can say my wife's S7 (regular, not edge but same camera hardware) has an incredible camera. I mean, I am blown away by the quality and I use a DSLR. Obviously it's not as good as a DSLR, but compared to my G3 and her former S5, the difference is night & day; and absolutely crazy good for a phone. I'm thinking of going with one when I can upgrade (gave her my upgrade and have to wait for hers to come up in April), just because of the stellar camera.

I bought a silver s7 edge :D
I like it so far! it has micro lags now and then but meh! I love it.
other than the normal camera quality (Damn it that's just amazing)
the LOW light is MINDBLOWING! and god it launch so fast!

I like this phone!

the AMOLED purple smearing is pure torture, but otherwise I love it! 32GB is also not big enough for me, at-least not for this price. but I got an SDcard!
And the battery life has been amazing so far! for the past 2 days I've been getting around 4-5SoT compared to the 6-7SoT of the first few days, i don't know why but still 4-5 is amazing! (also I've noticed my standby has gotten from nearly flat overnight to losing 10-20% until the next morning, but I can just check it later too see why it's like that (The only thing I changes was my theme, I changed it to a completely black one, I had dark material before)

- - - Updated - - -

I can agree on that.. samsung has had one of the best cameras i've ever used aside from a standalone camera. "Most" of them can take a picture directly in a RAW format that you can recompile on your PC for an even better picture.. I've taken a few as RAW with my note4 and was amazed. Mind you it takes a lot of extra work to do, but worth it depending on what you're using the pic for.

my RAW option is blacked out for some reason, I never tried it. for an average user is there really a difference?

I like this phone!

the AMOLED purple smearing is pure torture, but otherwise I love it! 32GB is also not big enough for me, at-least not for this price. but I got an SDcard!
And the battery life has been amazing so far! for the past 2 days I've been getting around 4-5SoT compared to the 6-7SoT of the first few days, i don't know why but still 4-5 is amazing! (also I've noticed my standby has gotten from nearly flat overnight to losing 10-20% until the next morning, but I can just check it later too see why it's like that (The only thing I changes was my theme, I changed it to a completely black one, I had dark material before)

- - - Updated - - -

my RAW option is blacked out for some reason, I never tried it. for an average user is there really a difference?

So glad you're happy with it!!

I actually jumped on Verizon's Christmas special and ordered a Pixel XL 128 GB. They're back-ordered, but it should be here late January.

BTW.. no..for the average user.. RAW picture formats are not worth it.. the built in cameras on samsungs have been pretty good for years now.. hoping the S8 plus has the double lens like they were hinting around.

I like this phone!

The battery life sounds just like my Galaxy S5. Looks like they have excellent battery life... The Galaxy S5, despite being an earlier model, has a real good camera, at least for videos and daytime shots.
I haven't figured out how to get clear photos in low light, it looks like 2008 YouTube in low light. :(

The battery life sounds just like my Galaxy S5. Looks like they have excellent battery life... The Galaxy S5, despite being an earlier model, has a real good camera, at least for videos and daytime shots.
I haven't figured out how to get clear photos in low light, it looks like 2008 YouTube in low light. :(

I know this is old but sweet lord after nougat i'm getting even a better battery life. i'll probably get like 8h-7.5H SoT if I let it drain to 0-3% I keep it to 80-40% myself. only let it drain to 10% I think or maybe even 8 and it lasted more than 7h!

Back