• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Time to upgrade my video

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

epauls

Well, Looking at making some serious upgrades to my sytem. Planning on playing some games again.

My current Video is the one in sig. My monitor is a NEC FP2141SB-BK 22".

I do not want to spend $400+ for the newest best. I'm hoping to stay in the 200's if possible.

So what card is gonna be my best choise in that price range?

In the $200 range you've got 9800 pro 128mb or 256mb. Apperently all the new ones can be flashed to xt's since they are built on the same board and have the same proc (R360 i think).

Yeah the 9800 pro should be a big jump in performance over that GF3. I myself am using a AIW 7500 and I was going to get an X800 pro, but I just decided to get myself something to tide me over to see the verdict on 6800GT vs X800pro. Anyhow can't go wrong at less then half the cost and little more then half the performance of the X800. Heck the newest drivers coming out from ATI even improve the 9800 performance I believe.

Back