• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tiny soldering - How I do it.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Son1990 said:
I use a handy item that you can get at RadioShack called "helping hands":

helpinghand.jpg

one of the best investments i have made. sorry for the quick and somewhat blurry pic.
Heh, I just used one of those whilst trying to fix a headphone cable, it helped ALOT, I dont think I could have gotten by without it. Sadly, I forgot to insulate the individual wires, so the thing is all screwed up... All that time and all that lead-laden smoke I inhaled... all for nothing.:cry:Wasted a bunch of heatshrink too.

Well, I am a little better at soldering now, and I now what that thing is called.

An excellent guide, I need to brush up on my soldering skills for some planned vmods.

Am I correct in thinking these pictures are of you modding PS2s? If so, then tsk tsk. :rolleyes:

Thanks! I've been searching all over for a good tiny-soldering guide........... .... .... ... ..... ..... >=)

Darn. The OP's pics/links and many others on this guide aren't working any more.

:(

sorry about the pics guys, flood took out the server that they were hosted on.

If anyone can suggest a host to use, I just found a copy of the previously thought to be long lost originals, and i'd gladly get them up for you guys, and i apologize to the guys that wanted to see them but couldnt. so is there any image hosting services that will hopefully be around for good, and are free of course. hotlinkable might be good too, so the thumbs can be embedded in this thread.

sorry about the pics guys, flood took out the server that they were hosted on.

If anyone can suggest a host to use, I just found a copy of the previously thought to be long lost originals, and i'd gladly get them up for you guys, and i apologize to the guys that wanted to see them but couldnt. so is there any image hosting services that will hopefully be around for good, and are free of course. hotlinkable might be good too, so the thumbs can be embedded in this thread.

www.imageshack.us, hotlinking is good.

Can you host with OCF instead of Photobucket please? Then the pictures won't break again.

I do find it useful: just killed a GTX 570 and I think your method would have helped a lot! Just seen it too late, lol!

Back