• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tips fore a stable F@H rig.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Steveo989

Not officially involved with AAR
-Keep CPU and Ram cool.
-Use canned air to get all the dust out of all the heatsinks on the system, yes the video card can crash the computer if overheated.
-Upgrade cooling case fans can greatly help your rig stay running at full capacity.
-Duct the hot air away from computer. :shrug:
-Also purchase better Heat Sink fan's with a larger thermal capacity.
These are my three favorite HSF companies
Thermal Right
COOLER MASTER
Swiftec

Also SPYWARE! Spyware adversly affected my main rig, it made WU's come to a stand still. Easy way to get rig of all spyware is to back up important files and reformat the drive. This is also free. So if you have plenty of money just buy spyware washer etc.
Some Spyware
1800 search assistant

PS hopefully this may help our production come up because [H] has been outproducing us.
Thanks,
Steven

Last edited:
Come on now, you can give better tips on getting rid of spyware then that. Try giving program names and links next time you do a guide, also those are ok tips but really they are all just cooling tips that most people alreayd know. Sorry maybe I am in a bad mood.

I don't remember what spyware is called, I format monthly so we rarely ever see spyware.

Your chat about checking your cooling has been discussed recently, bud. ;)
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=378241

BTW, reformatting isn't always so easy. I have a lot of settings that can't be put on a automated backup without losing anything. I keep mostly everything off the root drive just in case, but it'd be a pain to reformat. Pay a visit to our Internet, Networking, and Security forum and check out the guides on how to clean your comp without wiping it out. At least this way you'll have the knowledge to clean someone else's comp without reformatting.

Steveo989 said:
I don't remember what spyware is called, I format monthly so we rarely ever see spyware.

wow thats insane, i wish i had that kind of time.

Just throw in the reboot disks before you go somewhere, by time you are back they're done.

Leviathan...nice to see you around bud!

You look like a freaking tank in the duct-taped rearview of my Pinto man! Just get it over with and pass me!

I reinstal windows nearly weekly. :D

I like the suggestion about dusting. Do it often...dust can certainly have an effect on stability when you've got your system pushed hard.

Seven said:
Leviathan...nice to see you around bud!

You look like a freaking tank in the duct-taped rearview of my Pinto man! Just get it over with and pass me!

Your telling leviathan to pass you....what happened to you, you were set to pass me, at one time in like 2-3 days.

Back