• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Titan XPp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah - the guy who is naming these things must live in Colorado...if you know what I mean.

And it looks like it's still a GP102 die...not a full GP100.

...must resist buying...

...must resist buying...

help me please!

Just need to go with the ++ format

Titan
Titan+
Titan++
Titan+++

(Titan X Pascal) ^ 11

They turned it up to 11!

...must resist buying...
...must resist buying...

I can't imagine people buying so soon after Titan X Pascal, and 1080Ti.

Like is Nvidia just trying to grab up as much market as possible before AMD Vega?

In my opinion, Getting a Titan was never about value...it was about having "best of the best."

I think the Titan XPp is all about increased die yields on their new semiconductor fab process. Why not try and sell it?

Has 3840 CUDA cores, and the same memory speed as the 1080 Ti. Higher stock clocks than Titan XP (same stock clocks as 1080 Ti).

By looking at the specs, assuming same overclocking...~7% faster than Titan XP and ~10% faster than 1080 Ti.

I couldn't resist. I passed on Titan X Pascal, lucked out with a great 1080ti, but unfortunately in the points race, fastest card wins in the early adopters reap the benefits.

Let me know how it folds...I am seriously considering one of these to upgrade a 1080 FTW.

The Titan X Pascal does 1.2 to 1.3 million PPD. From the specs, it looks like about 7% faster than the Titan X Pascal...so it should do 1.3 to 1.5 million PPD.

FedEx delivery on Monday...sold 2 founders 1080's to cover half of the cost...gonna try going back to one card

I want to know who in nvidia came up with the name. They must know the community had called Titan X (Pascal) as Titan XP, thus naming the new one Xp is borderline marketing genius or giving a middle finger to everyone. Maybe both.

In writing, there is still the differentiator XP vs Xp, but clarity is now reduced and good luck searching for a specific one.

Think we're gonna have to start calling them by release year just to avoid all confusion.
Titan X (Maxwell) = Titan 2015
Titan X (Pascal) = Titan 2016
Titan Xp = Titan 2017

Expect two Titan models in 2018 just to dump on this idea.

Yeah /m- the naming is totally stupid.

There are all of these conspiracy theories about NVIDIA in relation to this. I think it's as simple as wafer yields from their new process. I think they have continually been optimizing the process, and they can now release a full CUDA core set.

I'll be getting one either this week or next to replace my 1080 in my "Little Folder". This one is costing me painting of the inside of the house and new pool equipment - hehe.

The new pool equipment will be totally installed on Monday. Tots automation! I'll be able to turn on the spa and adjust the temperature from my phone - hehe.

Sorry to play devil's advocate here, but it doesn't really matter what the community calls it, the original naming is Titan X (Maxwell) or Titan X (Pascal), maybe the "p" in the new model might just stand for "pro" or "patsy" as it's basically the same board with more CUDA cores and a higher overclock ?

Holy crap!

I just started playing around with this...running 2,000 MHz right now...65C on air cooler!

Edit: folding now at 1950 MHz, 62 C!

Last edited:
Bumped the voltage up 50%, now it's folding at 1962 MHz at 65 C.

1.3 million PPD with its first work unit.

Both of my other Titan X Pascal cards do 1.2 million PPD at 2050 and 2075 MHz.

The new card is running the latest drivers (the one I was using for my other cards didn't work).

Back