• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

To buy or not to buy? A monitor buying dilema

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pepi93

Hi all,

I'm debating on whether to buy the Samsung Odyssey G7 32".

I'm currently running a 1080ti and not sure when I'll be able to upgrade my gpu due to the current market availability. Once the scalping of GPU's ends, I'd like to try and pick up a Strix 2080ti. If that fails, I could try and get a Strix 3080ti but that's less likely and may only happen once the 4000 series cards are released.

I'm using the Benq 3200pt as my main screen and although beautiful, I'd like to move to the 144hz, g-sync, 1ms era, 1440p and 32 inch. I know my 1080ti can't handle the Samsung @ 144hz, so it would be an investment for when I get a gpu upgrade. The reason I'm posting this is because the samsung is on sale now in Canada from $900 to $750 and I didn't see it on sale for this much before.

The most graphically demanding games I play are RDR2. I plan to play Cyberpunk in the near future but these are my favourite types of games. Other than that, I'm still stuck playing Forza 4 Horizon (because I love it) and league of legends as well as other non graphically demanding titles. I don't play FPS precision games.

Would you buy this screen now since it's on sale? Or don't bother until I get the gpu upgrade, which could take months?

Thanks for your input.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip. I can't get a 34 as it's too big for my setup. 32 is max :) Ultrawide just doesn't work for my workstation.

Thanks for the tip. I can't get a 34 as it's too big for my setup. 32 is max :) Ultrawide just doesn't work for my workstation.
I gothcaha:thup:

Just to to be sure the actual width of this is a shade under 32" so the listed size is diagonal. That is why I wish I got the 49" because it's only 46" wide.

Back