• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

To hot to handle?? help asap please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yeah thats right around 41/42c.
im guessing that an idle temp, it would be even better if it was a full load temp, but , either way, thats fine for an xp @1.68ghz.

Yea 40c the reason I ask is pc alert III was like giving me warnings, but fuzzy logic has not shown anything bad.

Yea to hot!!

I put it under a load and it went to 52c whats wrong why is it so hot?

Cullam3n said:

And if you have any AS3 or the sort.

-PC

AS3 ???? whats that? if you are wondering what kind of fans etc i have: 1 120mm delta (intake) 90 cfm and two (exhaust) 80 mm 52 cfm each.

as3 is arcitc silver 3 its a silver transfer compound helps temps usually around 2-5C, also the 27cfm fan on ur heatsink is weak, if its 80mm switch it with one of the 52 cfm exhausts ur temps will improve garanteed... ill go check up on ur heatsink.

edit: ok seems its a 70mm fan.. with a little modding the 80mm fan shouldnt b hard to put on there. good luck :D

Lt. Max said:
as3 is arcitc silver 3 its a silver transfer compound helps temps usually around 2-5C, also the 27cfm fan on ur heatsink is weak, if its 80mm switch it with one of the 52 cfm exhausts ur temps will improve garanteed... ill go check up on ur heatsink.

edit: ok seems its a 70mm fan.. with a little modding the 80mm fan shouldnt b hard to put on there. good luck :D

thanks I will give that a try what temps are you running at full load by the way?

Are you using AS3 or any thermal paste (heat transfer compund) at all? If not, no matter what kind you put on there, it will help. If it's the tape on there, that will cause higher temps than paste, but it's usually not easy to get off. If you're really worried, you could lower your overclock. Either way, I think whoever suggested to use one of your higher cfm exhausts on the heat sink has a good idea. That, along with AS3 will yield much better results.

Z

zachj said:
Are you using AS3 or any thermal paste (heat transfer compund) at all? If not, no matter what kind you put on there, it will help. If it's the tape on there, that will cause higher temps than paste, but it's usually not easy to get off. If you're really worried, you could lower your overclock. Either way, I think whoever suggested to use one of your higher cfm exhausts on the heat sink has a good idea. That, along with AS3 will yield much better results.

Z

He's probably using the THERMAL PAD that came with the sync, and NO ONE has told him to TAKE OFF the thermal pad BEFORE he installs AS3.

Rob

Robbie said:

He's probably using the THERMAL PAD that came with the sync, and NO ONE has told him to TAKE OFF the thermal pad BEFORE he installs AS3.

Rob

THERMAL PAD? you mean the tape thats comes on the paste?? I took that off . I have paste on the heatsink whatever came with it I did what zachj said wabout changing fans and it did help.

Back