• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

To upgrade my desktop want a suitable graphics card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mister_dutt

My motherboard is (ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0) and processor is (AMD FX-6300 3.5 GHz AM3+ Socket 6 Cores 6 threads 6MB L2 8 MB L 3). I want a recent suitable graphics card to upgrade my machine to Windows11 OS. Could anyone kindly help me ?

Are you sure that system is compatible in the first place? I dont think it's just your video card that isn't compatible.

Run the PC Health Checker found on MS website to see exactly what you need. Post back with the details.

Neither you CPU or motherboard are compatible with Windows 11. The Windows 11 setup will not allow it to be installed on your computer. However, there are workaround to get past that.

Your motherboard came out over 10 years ago. It is up to you whether you want to spend any money on an upgrade for it.

Here are some suggestions. Of course, it depends upon what you want to use your computer for to know if any of them would be suitable for you.

AMD RX 580
Nvidia GTX 1050 TI
Nvidia GTX 1060
Nvidia GTX 1650
Nvidia GTX 1660

Best 3 Graphics Card For AMD FX 6300 - Super Charged

No worries. If he doesn't read these someone will. I can say for a fact that I've upgraded some of my machines at home to Win 11 and they are NOT compatible. Simple reg hack. Not sure what issues I will run into but I'm not a sophisticated user. There may be problems that streaming from Netflix doesn't show.

If you can link the work around it would be appreciated, I have a 990x with 8320 FX cpu and GTX 780 that I need to try and get running.

I cannot pull the trigger on upgrades at this time due to more important priorities at this time.

No worries. If he doesn't read these someone will. I can say for a fact that I've upgraded some of my machines at home to Win 11 and they are NOT compatible. Simple reg hack. Not sure what issues I will run into but I'm not a sophisticated user. There may be problems that streaming from Netflix doesn't show.

Yeah, wish microshaft had some competition. Tired of the bloated overlords.

Here we see collusion driving markets.

Last edited:
If you can link the work around it would be appreciated, I have a 990x with 8320 FX cpu and GTX 780 that I need to try and get running.

I cannot pull the trigger on upgrades at this time due to more important priorities at this time.

https://rufus.ie/en/

Has option to remove TPM, secure boot requirements etc when building a bootable flash drive from the Microsoft official ISO.

As to Linux ED. It can be used for many things but there are many compatibility issues.

Back