• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

To XP2400+ owners: SSE problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jadawin

Is your XP 2400+ recognized as "SSE supported" with WCPUID? If so, which board do you have? If not and you enable it with WCPUID, can you run 3DMarkl2001SE afterwards? If you run the multimedia benchmark of Sandra 2003 with SSE enabled and disabled, is the SSE score higher or lower (floating point)?

in 2003, my score is LOWER with SSE (vice versa in 2002!) and 3DMark does crash instantly with SSE enabled. And it looks like this is not MY problem because I know of several ppl facing the same.

The Coolest

Did you upgrade from a regular tbird or from an older AthlonXP? It might be that your windows doesn't support SSE, because it was installed on a non-SSE CPU. If its not the issue you might have a bad chip. If this is the problem I'd suggest to reinstall. The XP2400+ are out long enough for these problems to rise earlier, and I never heard about a single one.

BTW: Welcome to the forums

OP
J

Jadawin

Thanks for the welcome :)

I upgraded from a XP 1700+ @ 1650 Mhz (which had no SSE problems at all), and I know of at least 3 ppl having the same problem with the XP 2400+, having ECS and Epox boards... I did not recognize this at first, because all was running smooth until I noticed the "SSE not supported" flag in WCPUID and Sandra... I enabled it and Sandra 2002 scores got up and I thought everything was fine... but Sandra 2003 shows a total different behaviour and 3DMark (2001 and 2000!) do crash instantly (or at least during benchmarks I heard).

Last edited: