• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tons of new questions...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bigfoot

I love being known as the tech around my high school... Not!

Two of my friends want me to come over and OC there computers.

For now I'll call them Comp. 1 & 2. This is what I know about them so far:

Comp #1:
Processor: Athlon XP 1600+ (dont know stepping yet)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-7VTXE: It looks like it has the KT266A chipset.
Memory: 2 X 256MB of DDR266 RAM

Comp #2:
Processor: Duron 800Mhz
Motherboard: AZZA KT3-AV: has the KT133A chipset.
Memory: 1 X 128MB PC133 SDRAM

Ok I used to know everything about the KT266A chipset but I forgot about most of it. Firstly, does it have a 1/5 PCI devider, if so, at what speed does it kick in. Secondly, would anyone who ownes this mobo please tell me how high you have managed to get the FSB.

About the KT133A, it has a 1/4 devider right? I'm pretty shure, now all I need to do is figure out how i'd be able to raise the stupit FSB on this mobo at all. it wont post whenever I change it, even if it's only to 105 in the bios.

Also, does anyone know if I can set the multi in the bios of either of these mobo's if I unlock the processor. (since neither of em have any dipswitches:mad: )

attack

I'm pretty sure they both only have a 1/4 divider. I would just increase the FSB of the XP1600 to around 150, you don't want to go all out on someone elses computer unless they themselves can fix it.

For the duron setup unlock it and set it to 133 FSB and lower mult slightly, I havn't seen a duron that CAN'T do 200 FSB (had 3) so you don't have to worry about that.

I would go to 150 FSB or whenever the memory craps out on both systems, whichever happens first.

OP
bigfoot

bigfoot

Sounds alright to me, I guess I'l just go for that on next time I'm able to start tweaking there machines.

I think I'l try to teach them how to OC themselves, and poing them hear for any help.