• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tony Hawk 4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

o0OBruceLeeO0o

Just got it for xBox. Great game!!!!!! If you liked any of the previous you should rent this one, it blows them away IMO. Its different than the rest. There isnt a time limit in the levels (although some of the tasks do have time limits) You just skate around and talk to people and do stuff for them/against them. Create-a-skater has improved a lot in this one, more options. Now I have a reason to start using my new router, cant wait to see how it is Online.

OP
o0OBruceLeeO0o

o0OBruceLeeO0o

Lt.HMustard said:

They better be a lot bigger than thps3 levels.....

they are. Right when you think you've explored the whole level you find a whole new area. I have unlocked 5 levels so far, and one of them is about tony hawk 3 size but the rest are bigger.

specific

i can't wait to try it. as soon as the blockbuster i work at gets it.
i own thps2x, but i skipped three.
hope the levels in 4 are better than that imaginary lumber yard, hotwheels track crap that was in 3.

Fast-Fob

Hey bruce, I read up a little on it, but can you
tell us a little more?

Do you start off as a noob, then work your way up to PRO?
Do you have your all your basic tricks down like a pro?
Or do you earn them as your skill level goes up? (like a
noob)

OP
o0OBruceLeeO0o

o0OBruceLeeO0o

Fast-Fob said:
Hey bruce, I read up a little on it, but can you
tell us a little more?

Do you start off as a noob, then work your way up to PRO?
Do you have your all your basic tricks down like a pro?
Or do you earn them as your skill level goes up? (like a
noob)

When you start out you have all your atributes at 50% When you complete some tasks you get a skill point so that is how you become better. That is if you Create-a-Skater. The skaters they have pre-made (tony hawk, bam margera, bob burnquist etc...) already have skills into some things, but also have some of there atributes under 50%. As you go on, you learn how to do special tricks for some of the tasks you do as you go through the game. One example is tony hawk wants you to do a 360 mctist on a quarter pipe. There are also some really cool "tasks" imo. Theres one thing where you have to beat an inline skaters time on this little course through one of the levels, the cool thing is you are luging. There is also a guy playing tennis on one of the levels and he challenges you so you play him tennis but instead of a raquet you use your skateboard. Ok I wont spoil anything else for ya.... I high reccomend this game to anyone that wants to play a skateboarding game. IMO this is the best skateboarding game of all time and one of the best console games of all time. But I have always been partial to the THPS series :).

Fast-Fob

Thats sounds DOPE.
I saw in a online movie that BAM gets in a Grocery Cart and is
holding a video camera. hahaaa Have you done that yet?
Toys-R-Us is having a BUY 2 get 1 free sale, i think i'm gunna
get

THPS4
Kingdom Hearts
Robotech

Thanks for the info Bruce!!!

OP
o0OBruceLeeO0o

o0OBruceLeeO0o

np, and nope, I havent gone in a shopping cart, but sounds cool! I still need to beat the last 2 levels so its gotta be one of them :)

garasaki

I suppose you guys didn't realize I"m a THPS master...

Although I've only played the first two...currently trying to get ahold of 3 for the PC and waiting for 4 to debut on PC...

specific

THPS on PC? i started to try it, but didn't really give it a chance. prolly 'cause i was used to the PS version. i've shredded everything on my dreamcast. now it's time to continue the trend with xbox.
THPS4 was on the shelf at blockbuster, waiting for me. just came in. i don't see anything about online skating though. that sucks.
but they got Kona!!! i remember the first time i skated there. i was young, and it was scary at first, with all the locals there doing the biggest tricks i'd ever seen. i can't wait to see it on the game.

i feel old.

garasaki

Play THPS on a gamepad on a PC and it's exactly the same as on a console...

except its configurable, higher resolution, less load time, and perhaps better graphics? (due to AA, anisontropic filtering, etc...)

TheFrag

ahhh....... i remember is thps 2 or 4 skatestreet, i used to go there all the time when I skated

Chris

i completed thps2 and 3 on the PC works great with my wingman gamepad! cant wait for thps4 on the PC bet that will be great :drool: