• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Too Hot?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ishakir

Hey guys,

I just overclocked my AMD Athlon 2400 to 149 x 15 running at 1.80 volts. At rest its at 40 degrees and gets up to about 46 degrees when I run Prime95. I'm a bit worried about running the temp so high. Would you guys recommend it or should i back off a bit?

Thanks a lot,
-Ish- :beer:

shilo

Registered
Ishakir said:
Hey guys,

I just overclocked my AMD Athlon 2400 to 149 x 15 running at 1.80 volts. At rest its at 40 degrees and gets up to about 46 degrees when I run Prime95. I'm a bit worried about running the temp so high. Would you guys recommend it or should i back off a bit?

Thanks a lot,
-Ish- :beer:

well I was concerened about my temps at full load (prime95 and folding) andm y temps are running about 42-46c the forum guys said that was ok.

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
naaah anything under 50c is fine. long as its a diode reading from the core.wich im guessing this is.

i wouldnt be afraid of bumping the mhz or fsb up long as it stays below 50c. i wouldnt add no more vcore tho. thatll send temps to high. mabey with h20 would be fine @1.9vcore