• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tornado on a PCmods rheobus

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tismedt

Shadow ÒÓ's after me!!!
I have a vantec tornado on a AX-7 controlled by a pcmods rheobus. If I turn the rheo all the way down it is not enough juice and the tornado shuts down or if I turn on the rig with it turned down the HSF wont start. I am concerned that I will bump the dial and turn the rheo down and shut off the HSF and fry my 1600. My question is, Is there a way to keep the rheo from dropping the voltage too low? i'm thinking about supergluing a stop on the dial but that would look tacky. Any other ideas out there.

Lt. Max

well i think u should b able to HEAR when the tornado turns off :) but then again if its low speed already u may not.. probably the tack would b best idea, or glue it on the other side if thats possible

obliv

tornado's usually need more than 7v to get going, all sunon's do (tornado's are just relabled sunon's), i got mine at 9v, then i switch it up to 12volts, if your pcmods rheobus doesnt have a potentionometer, u gotta get one on there to up the voltage a bit.

OP
Tismedt

Tismedt

Shadow ÒÓ's after me!!!
Yea I better do it soon too. I just did a OS install and didnt notice the tornado was not running. I had turned it down while formatting the HDD and after the system restart it did not have enough juice to start the fan. I installed win98se and the epox 4in1 drivers before I saw the temps during a restart. 78* C. I about s***. Turned the fan on max and it brought the temps down to 42 in about 5 mins. Man I think I may take the HSF off of the rheo.

kent_b29

Hey this doesn't exactly relate to your topic so I'm sorry if this is off-subject. How quiet does the rheobus make the tornado? Does it make it a little quieter, or does it get it into vantec stealth quiet range. I'm looking at getting one to quiet a tornado on either a ax-7 or sk-7. Is yours the v 2.0? Can it handle multiple case fans on one knob? I would really like to here from someone who has this rheobus as I'm very interested in it. BTW, do the knobs fit so the front door of your case can close?

thanks,
Kent

Again I'm sorry if this is off-topic, just really curious.

OP
Tismedt

Tismedt

Shadow ÒÓ's after me!!!
I quites it down to almost silent though there inlies the prblem of not enough voltage when restarting. Yes I have mine set up like this
rheo 1 ---Tornado
rheo 2 ---3 80mm ADDA
rheo 3 ---2 80mm YS
rheo 4 ---1 120mm delta

As for the door, I took it off for easy access, my rig is on my right, and no it wont fit with the rheobus dials inplace.