• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Toshiba Cable Modems....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BigAir

Hello,
I have decided to upgrade my cable modem from toshiba's pls PCX1000 to either a PCX1100U, PCX2000, PCX2200, or the PCX 2500. Does anyone have any info as to which is the best choice in terms of speed. I have chacked with my provider and they are all compatible but they would not comment on which is better... All are around the same price as well. Any input is greatly appriciated! Thanks! Billy

there will probably be no performace increase since the speed is controlled by you ISP and no your modem. so i think it'd be a watse of money IMO

Dedicated

I forgot to mention that I have Dedicated Cable... I believe that the cable company uncaps the line in my case. There must be some difference between the 4 modems and someone must know what it is. I am going to upgrade anyway... I just need to know what to get. Thanks again for any replies, Billy

But what is the difference?

But what is the difference between the four modems? Did they put a new shell on the old modem or it it actually a better unit? On the Toshiba web site it just says "Industry leading" and "Best yet" but it doesn't state any details. Does anyone have one of the newer (PCX2000 or better) modems? Thanks! Billy

@Work

It is Cox's @Work service. It is actually my business line but I like to have fun on it too :) It is considerably more expensive than the @Home service, but sometimes you just need the speed!

I have a pcx2200, these things are super fast and are already uncapped from the get go (dont ask me how or why)

It's small, it's extremely fast, and it's easy as hell to set up

I can download multiple files at 300k and not feel the slow down in any way but my hard drive not being able to catch up

It rocks, 'nuff said

multiple 300k/sec downloads? on cable? When I test my speed I get almost 400k connection, which I was told is good, but my downloads never seem to go over 60k/s, whats going on? I've got the Toshiba PCX2500.

Kerry

Back