• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Toshiba Satellite Pro 490XCDT Drivers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dug

I am trying to install all the drivers for my friends computer. They installed win98 SE and there are 2 Unknown devices (one is the modem which I installed but there is another one. Does anyone know what the other thing is and where I can get the drivers (I could not find any drivers at the Toshiba website).

Tracert

If your laptop has a DVD player in it, then the other device (which is usually something like "PCI Multimedia device") is probably the Hardware DVD decoder.

My parents have a Tecra 8000 with a DVD and the built in C-cube ZiVA-PC Hardware decoder. Unfortunatly C-cube was bought out by a couple of different companies and ended up at LSI Logic, http://www.lsilogic.com/ and they do not provide drivers.

I have been hunting down drivers for this decoder for quite some time. Toshiba's support site has got to be the worst I have ever seen. No wonder they arn't real competitors.

If anyone finds drivers for this decoder card please let us know. That link does not have the drivers posted (nor does it have the DVD software). I have even searched Gateway and Dells site for some generic drivers for this decoder and they don't have any posted either. I'm not sure if any place has drivers posted for hardware DVD decoders. Let me know if you guys find any.