• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Totally screwed up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

the_par4d0x_

Registered
I got my case on friday and on sunday I went to tart cutting the holes with my dads heavy duty dremel. He showed me how to use it but didnt say anything about a cutting wheel so I tried to cut my case with a drillbit looking thing.

Well the hole turned out relatively well for my first one I guess doing it with no cutting wheel... But what I screwed up was I cut the hole about 3 inches too far to the right and it was over the thing that holds the CD-roms and so a fan couldnt fit on the hole... oh well got a case for spare parts now and practice =)

Thats just what I was thinking jblaven, it would be a shame to scrap a case for a minor slip up.
You should always double check before you make any cuts/holes in a case especially whats on the other side, you could even end up drilling into a wire or worse!

Acko

Put window trim on it and mount a small mirror as a window mod.
You could also do the same thing using a piece of plexi and a good printout of your fave game character or something else you'de like....

All is not lost..there's alot of things to do with this hole!

Whats up overclockers,

Bro I did just about the same thing.What worked for me(after a 10min
tirade)was I broke out the tin snips and did some modding to the drive
guides.I removed the section of guides,enough for an 80mm fan.Then drilled a couple of holes,one front,one rear(cr-rom is now secured in
with screws rather than rails.Next I grabbed 80mm toyo and used small
snips to remove all expendable fan housing to make as thin as possible
and abra ka pokus instant blowhole.The bummer was I was so ****ed I
failed to check temps difference.Anyways a blowhole is probably what I'm sounding like so I hope this helps and take it easy and if its free take it quick.

:beer:

Measure twice cut once!
Well for modding its more like measure 5 times cut once!
I would go with a window Idea that stuff always looks nice

I bought another case it was only a 20 dollar case. I'll use the old one for practice/ parts.

trdsw20 said:
Measure twice cut once!
Well for modding its more like measure 5 times cut once!

Yep, yep!!! That’s what I did, and I made no mistakes. :D

Actually, I think I measured ten times. :p

Back