• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Touch of Death.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

{PMS}fishy

Well I managed to kill two PSUs, one HDD and take out two of my crunchers. A T-Bird 1.4 and a Duron 1.1 Im loosing 10WUs a day because of this. Oh I am so mad. No time to fix anything. Well I guess tommorrow will be a day of repair.

TC

Senior Seti Addict
Ouch!! Are you draggin your feet on the carpet and playing the old shock game :eek:

KenCo

Sorry about your bad luck {PMS}fishy. It's a real downer to fry parts (and lose crunchers! :( ).

JigPu

Inactive Pokémon Moderator
Ouch man! It isn't catching is it??

I hope that you'll get your crunchers back online soon... It's a shame to have this happen in the middle of the races.

JigPu

OP
{PMS}fishy

{PMS}fishy

Wow, it gets worse. I cut my hand on the computer case Im making. Stuck my hand in a 120mm, ruined my Windows XP CD. 1 cruncher is back up and running, but it will be a few days untill the other one works. I have no idea why this is all happening. This sucks, Im off to drink my sorrows away.

JigPu

Inactive Pokémon Moderator
Eeesh... What I would suggest is temporary comfinement from the computer (as to not hurt the computer or you again), and a good venting :)

JigPu

ozzlo

Senior whose title will pier
well all I have to say to you is that eventually it will be all right

just to cheer ya up here's a list of what i've done

january 2002
There was a storm and the power went out for a long time and the power company had no clue when the power was coming back on. my grandpa had rigged up the generator to power a few light and the heating system:eek:. don't worry he disconnected the heater from the breaker so the generator woulden't explode when the power kicked back on... there was about 600 unused watts left and so I decided to run 100 feet of electrical cord upstairs to my computer (so i could crunch seti). a few days after the power was restored i went to turn on my computer and it would die after 30 sec and after awhile it diden't come on at all. i replaced the power supply and it still diden't work so i unplugged my ram and plugged it back in and my system came on and beeped at me some beep code (no vid card)
so... i unplugged that and plugged it back in. *sigh* and then i turned it back on and it booted into windows and intel active moniter went bezerk (system monitor software). all my voltages where way off into the red (cept the -12v line it was just fine).
i took it to a freind and he fixed it (i have no clue how he did it).
Now my computer is runnin the same everything since then just fine. Untill.....

march 2002
i stupidly stuck my finger into my fangrill and broke the fanblade off. my immedeate reaction was to hit the power button as fast as possible. i fixed the fan up with superglue and put glue on all the fanblades so that it would be balanced. It ran about 500 rpm slower and made more noise but i kept on to it for two more weeks untill... i stuck my finger in there again and broke off the same fan blade (in a different spot). i then used a 2 foot box fan to cool my cpu and it did pretty well 50c (not bad for only having a stock heatsink) 2 weeks later I got a new one and to this day have not stuck my finger in there since.

agust 2002
my xp 1800 bios was sent to me corrupted (with lots of random symbols allover the place) sort of like when there's a little speck of dust on a regular nintendo game and the game looks all funky.
somehow it fixed itsself (i got no clue how it did) but still every now and then the bios likes to reset its self to 100/100 instead of 133/133 which kinda sux if i don't notice for days on end :rolleyes:

well i'd say more (gots whole lot more but i got like 2 min before i got to go to class)

ozzlo