• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG TOXIC CHROME (modded Corsair 250D)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys,

Today I shortened and sleeved the DDC pump and added one missing piece to the pump and res combo in order to be able to properly bring the loop back to the top of the res.

It's sort of like a Bitspower aquapipe but out of a piece of acrylic that EK offer for these reservoir tops.

Originally I wanted to use the Bitspower aquapipe as I have quite a few laying around however EK chose to have larger than G1/4" threads on the inside of these tops for some reason so the aquapipe didn't work. Luckily I found the acrylic tube that EK offer locally.

Once I received it, just had to shorten it to fit this res.

kEX8HFL.jpg

nzdy1kh.jpg

N9evEfK.jpg

2nLrwb9.jpg

These are the threads on the inside of the res top.

4AjTWKY.jpg

Easily done :)

aWyDaiq.jpg

owWaNCN.jpg

EhRvh8T.jpg

Gfr2uYZ.jpg

K4s0Oof.jpg

Thanks for checking it out and stay tuned for more to come over the weekend!

Cheers,

Alex

Yea, it's pretty nice. Glad it fits so well in this case :D

I think the only way it would light up is with one of those cap LED lights as it doesn't have an LED or anything or any spot to plug one in.
Oh. I thought that particular res came with one :(

YV2iYvL.jpg

Here's the new EK stuff I received. Nickel plated mounting bracket and a new clear Supremacy EVO top, part of the upgrade kit. Also new RAM modules to replace the ones that were powder coated before.

hmKI4BV.jpg

slETmyJ.jpg

vKXDt4U.jpg

l9hj8m7.jpg

Made some decal stickers for the RAM modules to go with the toxic theme :)

rQUFRIU.jpg

osjChFx.jpg

Pretty nice looking little combo!

cVf7IW0.jpg

PUGwc2G.jpg

mbrj3xy.jpg

vppQJ0k.jpg

TriZgC8.jpg

JL1Q0Gm.jpg

Starting to get components back in the case. Still waiting on fittings, tubing and cables to arrive.

Thanks for checking it out!

Cheers,

Alex

YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys,

Front panel is done and here is how I applied it on, very simple with some double sided 3M tape.

y7Se84y.jpg

DdXyMCn.jpg

PNVrWDJ.jpg

w1RYfH2.jpg

qOjs4zJ.jpg

For some reason these following pics I only have from my phone, not sure what happened with the ones from the camera :(

9pLkv2S.jpg

ry2RtV7.jpg

2XyGqHR.jpg

Thanks for checking it out and hope you guys like the finished front panel!

Cheers,

Alex

Oooooh man! :drool: :drool:
Tell me the panel lights up. I'll drool everywhere lol

Thanks man! Unfortunately it won't light up, it's pretty much what it is now is how it will be in the end :) I could probably add an LED strip somewhere but not sure if I would like the look of that, there will be enough light coming from the inside of the build :)

Thanks man! Unfortunately it won't light up, it's pretty much what it is now is how it will be in the end :) I could probably add an LED strip somewhere but not sure if I would like the look of that, there will be enough light coming from the inside of the build :)
Still gets my drool everywhere :drool: :p

YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys,

Another quick update. The GPU is good to go and I also cut up these fan frames that will go around all the fans in the build to give them more colour.

You can see on the GPU the pink and purple caps have been covered with chrome vinyl.

EYWIU4k.jpg

VUZB2vi.jpg

YeFpXMe.jpg

R1Jzj0h.jpg

This is the design I went for with the frames to just cover the edges of the fans.

VV62YTD.jpg

Just need to get painted and filed down a little bit more, will be same silver colour as the side and front panel.

2kVcZ3b.jpg

Thanks for checking it out.

Cheers,

Alex

I like how you covered the caps alex, nice touch :)

That dremel tool comes in handy eh?

Back