• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Transition from Intel to AMD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
IF i use a 3570k, only ram slots b work. using ram slots a will give me a straight up error code 55 with no boot.

If i use a Pentium Dual core, all ram slots work and i am able to boot into windows.

This was verified on two motherboards.

Make sense?

also, the 3770k is, according to usps, coming in today. will update.

Wow that is one for the books, defective CPU caused dual channel not to work. I'm glad it is working well for you now.:)

indeed. dont know what i should do with my 3570k now. keep it as decoration? sell it to someone else?

You could...TRY to sell it, just inform them of the issue.

Someone could take a grab at it for a overclocking chip on LN2 or something. A chip they'd be okay with burning out.

Oh i would definitely note the issue on the description. Just dont know if i should sell it on ebay or here on overclockers.

I am sure there are some ln2 overclockers on this site right? because if thats the case, ill post it on the forum class fields.

Oh i would definitely note the issue on the description. Just dont know if i should sell it on ebay or here on overclockers.

I am sure there are some ln2 overclockers on this site right? because if thats the case, ill post it on the forum class fields.

I don't see any reason not to list it on both.

That said, with the issues it has, Ebay will likely be a flop. Not a lot of people would take on defective hardware on ebay knowingly.

You could even link the ebay listing here, and just essentially advertise on the form here. idk if ebay takes any shares though, so you might get more money here based on that.

https://i.gyazo.com/72a73c376b956c9173f9028001af27fc.png

working great in dual chanel so far. extra 8b kit of ram should be here in a few more days.

gonna see if i can push this up to 4.5ghz for now...
sweet!

Do us all a favor and host images here. We dont have to click and the image doesnt expire. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately, I don't think a defective CPU has any market value.
This, or as he said, list it in the description and sell it dirt cheap.

Back