• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tribes 2 soundcard garbled

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Justice

In 98se tribes 2 sound is all garbled. in 2000 it is not. It has its own IRQ in 98. I have the latest patch. BTW the soundcard is the Diamond MX400 . Latest drivers they have. I didn't install drives in 2000... it autodetected them... any help??

W

William

are you trying to use some wierd sound technique like using Creatives surround sound thing vs. Aureal 3d?

OP
J

Justice

I'm just using the strait up default settings. I tinkered with it - any setting i ran it at it still had the garbled sound.

F

floyd

beginning to think maybe i was crazy or somethin'.............tribes II sound was ok ( not great) and ran fairly smooth.............lately , becuz they force you to update w/patches everytime you log on, i have found my sound sux and believe it was one of their "fixes" that dogged my sound becuz all other music sources on my pc sound fine.......................just my thoughts, but i think it is the way it "patches/updates"....................anyone else had this problem................i have a soundblaster live! value.........................