• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

trick for P4S533/P4S333

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mirko_3

Now, I was just wondering, I haven't tested this and I don't think I will unless someones tries it first :)

I suppose many of you know how, by shorting the last 3 pins that control vmem you get a vmem of 3.1 (as opposed to 2.9 by shorting the last 2, and 2.7 by shorting the 2 middle ones).
As you know, on this board there is a jumper to control a +0.2 vcore adjustment. There are three pins, and by moving the jumper you control the adjustment. How about shorting all three?

I don't recommend it, but if someone has a spare board or is crazy enough... let me know!

cursor

You know, sounds to me like that would be a really stupid thing to do. I see where you're coming from, but if you try that with your board you're just asking for trouble. I mean, maybe my CPU socket would overclock better if I poured orange juice on it? :D

OP
mirko_3

mirko_3

what do you mean "i can see where you're coming from"?
And I know it'd be something really stupid to do, I'm not an idiot. But there's people who are brave/stupid enough to break pins on their cpus to try and enable hyperthreading (which didn't work :) ), so maybe there's someone crazy enough to try this...

As for the orange juice... what can I say? Maybe gin/vodka will work better... my friend certainly sounds 'overclocked' on some saturday nights, and he certainly doesn't drink orange juice...:D

Last edited: