• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tried to enable secure boot in bios and now I can't find a way to boot into windows 10

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MorePower!

My computer is a windows 10 PC with ASUS Prime B660-PLUS D4 mobo and a 12th gen i5k.

My windows update was telling me that my computer was not windows 11 ready. So upon researching it, I was guided to look at pc health checker and I learned that secure boot was not enabled for my system in bios. Its a very new system and I wanted everything to be tip top. So in my bios under secure boot I changed the two selections. I changed OS Type from Other OS to WIndows UEFI mode. And I changed Secure Boot Mode to Standard. Then I restarted my pc and it went to bios. I clicked on the "reset to defaults" button to put it back to how it was. This was my first time changing the bios so I thought it should work normal again. It didn't. Every time I restart it goes to bios.

On the front page of my bios, in the ez mode version, theres a Boot Priority section. When I click on this it says "there are no bootable devices". I'm not sure if I broke my computer. Any help is appreciated.

Most likely the previous install was setup with MBR boot and when you changed it to secure boot there was no efi partition to load from

Back