• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TRIED to unlock XP2000+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bon3thugz43v3r

Hey guys, I tried to unlock my xp the other day and I cant belive how much trouble this is. First, I find out that, the overclock I was getting is the best im gonna get with my ram, locked or unlocked, ok that = waste of 12 bucks for kit. Then, it reconizes my cpu as a 1900+ and all my multipliers are f***ed up. Finally, I cleaned it all off and it still reconizes it as a 1900+ with messed up multipliers, someone please help me.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Kato

Addicted Tweaker
I think some of your L1s are still being shorted, use this guide to determine which bridges are still being shorted, then clean it throughly. Use a Qtip to soak the L1's with isopropyl alcohol, and clean it.

Kato

Addicted Tweaker
Opps, sorry, I though that guide show you which L1 needs to be shorted in order to get 1900+....

Anyway, throughly clean your L1 area, and then try again...
Also, try to flash your mobo BIOS.

OP
Bon3thugz43v3r

Bon3thugz43v3r

How do I clear the cmos? Do i just pull out the battery? I already pulled out the battery it doesnt do anything. I cleaned the surface with nail polish remover now it reconizes as 2400+ This is wierd as **** I dont get it...:confused: I have my chip running at 1667 likes its suppose to, but im runing like a 10 multiplyer rather than 12.5. Is this going to effect my performance? Slower? Faster?
I also have ****** with my hs/f so much (Volcano 7+ no grill) that i run it at media(n), yes the fan controller says media(n) and I get 96F full load not diode and 102F on diode. Best I have ever had. Also, does having the L1 Bridges "valleys" still filled with gap filler effect this? If it does, I dont know how to get that out. Please help me:p

Tismedt

Shadow ÒÓ's after me!!!
You said you spent 12 bucks on a kit so I assume you have the highspeedpc Kit. If you used that filler it should have came out when you cleaned it with alcohol. If you did not use the highspeed pc kit what did you use?

You can clear the cmos with a jumper on the mobo normally near the battery.

OP
Bon3thugz43v3r

Bon3thugz43v3r

Yes i am using high speed pc kit. It doesnt come out of the valleys unless you have something really narrow, (more narrow than the pin they give you) Also, there isnt a jumper by my cmos battery, i took the battery out and put it back in, if that does anything. I also drenched my cpu in alchohol and the thing reconizes my cpu as a 2100+ now. So we've had my 2000+ get reconized as 1900+ 2400+ 2200+ 2100+ all because of unlocking, hmmm i would not recommend unlockin your chip.:mad:

Last edited:

OC Detective

On the Asus you need to short the battery holder with a metal pin (bridging across it) after you have removed the battery. Also as a failsafe keep the battery out for at least half an hour.

OC Detective

Yes you have the same board as me. Although if you have a partial unlock clearing the CMOS wont make any difference! Also drenching the CPU in alcohol is probably not too wise a degree of care is required in cleaning off your unlock!