• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Triple Heaven!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DuallyKickass

Here we go, i did say i was gonna get 3 x 21inch crts

I managed 3 x 21inch sony crt trintron flat screeens!!

Attachments

• RIMG001011111111.JPG
    RIMG001011111111.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 448

johan851

Insatiably Malcontent, Senior Member
Let me be the first to say that I am very impressed. What do you use it all for?

johan851

The Matrox can handle games at resolutions that high? And what games support it?

kenkun

Registered
Damn, nice setup..... It doesn't seem very pratical, though, but that's just my opinion. Do you really do $1500+ worth of gaming? That seems like a lot to spend, just for games... Anyway it is very nice in any case, I'll give you that. :)

OP
DuallyKickass

DuallyKickass

I'm 16 years old

I got three monitors for £170 GBP and thats about um $280?
Then the gfx was bout £150 GBP and thats about um $250?

So just over $500

Loads of games support it

Ninety-9 SE-L

damn, I wanna know too. I goess it's not good for just games. If you tend to work in alot of windows at once it at least allows you the extra desktop room.

Got a question that I've wondered, actually, 2.
First, does the one graphics card, then, have 3 analog outputs for the 3 moniters? Second, when you're in windows (I'm a windows user), you can basically drag an icon or window from one screen to the other, right? When you maximize a window, does it fill up all 3 screens or just the one it's on?

kenkun

Registered
DuallyKickass said:
I'm 16 years old

I got three monitors for £170 GBP and thats about um $280?
Then the gfx was bout £150 GBP and thats about um $250?

So just over $500

Loads of games support it

Jeez, will if you put it that way, I don't blame you at all for doing what you did. Heck, I think anyone in the right state of mind would have done the same. For $280 huh? Were those monitors used, on clearance, etc? Give us some info here, don't jsut leave us hanging after telling us something like that. :) hehe
Sweet setup though... *drool*

johan851

Got a question that I've wondered, actually, 2.
First, does the one graphics card, then, have 3 analog outputs for the 3 moniters? Second, when you're in windows (I'm a windows user), you can basically drag an icon or window from one screen to the other, right? When you maximize a window, does it fill up all 3 screens or just the one it's on?
Don't know about analog vs. DVI. A lot of the Radeon cards come with adapters to convert the DVI output to analog and allow two monitors.

Yeah, you can drag something from screen to screen, but when you maximize it'll only maximize on the monitor it's on.

Ninety-9 SE-L

johan851 said:
Don't know about analog vs. DVI. A lot of the Radeon cards come with adapters to convert the DVI output to analog and allow two monitors.

Yeah, you can drag something from screen to screen, but when you maximize it'll only maximize on the monitor it's on.
damn, that's awesome, I could have photoshop, FlashMX, and Frontpage at my fingertips all at once.

HotKoala

johan851 said:

With Matrox you get to choose. Holding ctrl and maximising gets you full screen over all monitors. Double-click or maximise gets you one monitor.

daba

Very nice, my friend has some 3x 18'' KRS CRT monitors, and they are absolutely excellent.

I for one am looking for another 1800FP to start a dual monitor set up with this one. I'm in love with it!

OP
DuallyKickass

DuallyKickass

Hi,

I got the three monitors from an office clearance, the companys that get payed to refurbish offices end up with all the old stuff and then have to 'recycle it' so generaly they sell them. The monitors arent in very good condition, they are very worn and the stands are cracked, apart from that they are great.

The graphics card i use is a matrox parhelia and it has three heads, my desktop resoltion is set at 3840 x 1024 pixels, i can play widescreen games at up to 3072 x 768 pixels, which is great fun on call of duty etc.

As for the maxamizing, i have this window maximized on this screen, winamp floating in screen 2, msn docking to the right hand side of my screen, as HotKoala sais, you hold cntrl and it spans accross all three, which i find pointless, but oh well!

Thanks for the feedback guys.

PCGUY112887

99.999% of games will only play on 1 of the monitors, leaving the other 2 at the desktop. There are a few games that support widescreen... and it's a flight sim.

Now I dunno if that matrox card you have is the one made to spread games across the monitors, but even if you spread the games accross woulde't it look horribal? I run dual monitors and coulden't think of gameing across them, it would look like total crap.

Unless, your center monitor looks exactelly like the game on a singal monitor would, and the other 2 are the games peripheral vision :p. Now that would rock, and take time getting used to... talk about those warning about seizure on game boxes :p

BTW you might like this....
http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/

johan851

Unless, your center monitor looks exactelly like the game on a singal monitor would, and the other 2 are the games peripheral vision :p. Now that would rock, and take time getting used to... talk about those warning about seizure on game boxes :p
Increasing resolutions on a single monitor doesn't stretch the game, does it? It just increases the viewing area. Multiple monitors should just give peripheral view.

OP
DuallyKickass

DuallyKickass

PCGUY, really, you should do some research before you make such points.

I can play more games than flight sim widescreen, i can assure you that.

I currently play:
Call of Duty,
Moto GP 2
Quake 3 Arena
Colin Macrae 4,
Prince of Persia,
Need for speed underground.

Loads more etc, also try looking here: http://www.matrox.com/mga/3d_gaming/surrgame.cfm

As for having stretched screen games, no, they work different in most occasions, some of the time it stretches the game, and you set the FOV height and width different so that characters arent stretched, this means in effect its not stretched, then Matrox Power Desk HSF can fix the strteched hud effect.

Also m8, you cant play one game on one monitor and desktop on the other two, thats ridiculous, youd need to run the game windowed.

Thank you

JoT

You can't fire me, I have
DuallyKickass said:
Also m8, you cant play one game on one monitor and desktop on the other two, thats ridiculous, youd need to run the game windowed.

Thank you

That's incorrect; with a system with non-Matrox cards, that is what happens with games that don't span, and usually causes lots of problems as well.