• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG Triton by World of Fred (Lian Li case)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

World of Fred

Registered
Hey guys. I'm currently doing a new project for the summer. First of all, the sponsors: Watercool and Ballistix are returning for this build; On the other end, Lian-Li and Seasonic are joining the fight. On my previous builds, I was always prioritizing aesthetic over temperature. But for this one, with the help of the new Heatkiller's radiator and the great design of the Lian-Li case, I'm going to put more emphasis on the airflow to achieve the best performance of the radiator. This is why both radiators will be in intake and I'll have 3 fan exhausting the heat.

Before going further, I wanted to say a huge thank you to Snef, Duality92 and UFO Technologies. Snef is always helping me with my builds and he gave a great aesthetic idea for this build, it's always a pleasure talking to him. Duality92 is also helping me with the build and if you need a special 3D bracket, he's your man. Shootout to UFO Technologies for the custom coolant, it's nice to have someone helping others achieve their dreams by doing custom colored coolant.

Like usual, I'm not a huge fan of over the top modding, I like to keep thing sober and classy. My theme for this build is black and steel with a touch of deep blue. I hope you'll enjoy this journey and my build::
S65cNVH.jpg

Build part list
Processor: Threadripper 2nd gen
Motherboard: Gigabyte Designare series (I hope they will have one for the 2nd gen haha)
RAM: Ballistix
SSD: Crucial MX500 1Tb
Video Card: Not sure at the moment.
Power Supply: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 750W
Case: Lian-Li PC-011 Dynamic
Fan: Lian-Li Bora RGB

Watercool part list:
CPU Waterblock: Heatkiller IV Pro
GPU Waterblock: Heatkiller
Reservoir: Heatkiller Tube 200DDC
Radiator: Heatkiller 2x 360mm
Tubing: Bitspower 12mm acrylic
Fitting: Barrow 12mm silver
Cooling: UFO Technologies - Custom blue

If you don't know me, you can see my previous work here:
Octarine:
and here, White Zenith:

Last edited:
Well, you'll have a hard time finding better influence for your mods than from Snef and Duality. Looking forward to seeing your updates.

Well, you'll have a hard time finding better influence for your mods than from Snef and Duality. Looking forward to seeing your updates.
Yeah, I really learned from the best haha.

First part of the build is here. I'll use it for my gaming folder. Next pictures will be taken with my Camera.
b6tc7Hml.jpg

I received a little something from Ballistix this morning! The new Ballistix Tracer RGB!
JlkJ14tl.jpg

Hey, was really occupied recently finishing my major in finance and starting working full time this week. I should have more time for my project now. Thanks for the Subbed @Alaric

I had the chance to take more pictures of the ram, took around 30 pictures, but only 3 of them really stood out.
40851877905_24ed620ca8_c.jpg

Here's what the RAM looks like in Octarine, I really like the last pictures. It's gorgeous. Thanks again to Ballistix for sponsoring the RAM.
41033249324_55e12e25e5_c.jpg
41033251974_2a9e538640_c.jpg

The ram is a great overclocker, I managed 3200MHz so far on Ryzen (this is a 2666mhz kit).

I received the PSU a while ago, I'll do a little photoshoot soon

Triton full album:

Here's the PSU I received from Seasonic a couple weeks ago. I finally had time to do a little shooting, I'm not really happy with the pictures. I'll try to redo them later this week.
So, here's the box. I should note that I already had a Prime 850W Titanium, so let's see the difference between the Prime and Prime ultra
26946592017_10b57cf208_c.jpg

The packaging, almost the same. The metal effect on the prime is darker.
40916167835_054d3e949b_c.jpg

The modular cables are coming in a little bag instead of a little box
40916141405_b77bbcc6e1_c.jpg

The PSU, in all its glory
41097772854_7f6704729b_c.jpg

The back of the PSU, we can see the hybrid button that is allowing us to have the fan off under a certain load.
41772579352_3a1f0a7993_c.jpg

The ports
40916134075_c0b0bcf5e7_c.jpg

The beautiful stainless steel grill. One thing you can clearly see here, is the paint have a rough finish versus the smooth finish of the regular Prime. In my opinion, I like it better this way.
27946548678_86db855b9d_c.jpg

full album:

Hey guys, I'm just passing by.

I received the case last week. Didn't have the time to do proper pictures. I'm gonna start working on it in 2 weeks. After that, I'm only waiting for the unreleased parts (CPU, GPU, and the fans). The build should be ready in Late September or early October.

I received my new SSD this week.
74WPtSzl.jpg

I'm gonna start working on the cable real soon, it will be a challenge haha​

Looks like it's going to be a sweet build! I keep posted on it man, looking forward to seeing how your coolant looks, as I have considered a custom loop recently, but have been having difficulty finding a coolant color to compliment my build.

Looks like it's going to be a sweet build! I keep posted on it man, looking forward to seeing how your coolant looks, as I have considered a custom loop recently, but have been having difficulty finding a coolant color to compliment my build.

Hey dude! Looks like you also have a really great build :D.

For this one I just went full ****** with the specs. I'm receiving my motherboard today and I'm ordering a GPU today. I will receive my paracord later this week to do my cables.

Hey, I received a little something today :D. I still don't have the CPU yet, so it's gonna take a while before I'll use it :/
Spoiler alert, I'm loving everything this board has.

Starting with the box. Nothing special so far, it's a box.
mJewmPCl.jpg

I like the way the box is opening and presenting the motherboards. It's like opening a treasure chest. I know it's been like since a couple years, but I love opening motherboard box comparing to GPU one. Opening a GPU is almost always resulting in tearing the cardboard after a couple times of opening it.
aPefTDNl.jpg

Here's my little baby, this thing sure is sexy. The design reminds me a little bit of the Asus board. You know? Same, but different.
yGoCBQcl.jpg

The backplate is not something I'm gonna really use, but it sure is nice having one.
f9ygiZ9l.jpg

It's about time motherboard is starting to have real fins back. I like the initiative Gigabyte took last year with the Gaming 7. You can't see it, but there are 2 little 32mm fans under the IO cover. We can also see this board has 2x 8pin EPS, a first time for me.
FbnUdfLl.jpg

I saw this socket multiples times on the net, but woah man, this is huge. If you're wondering how big it is, just take a 2.5" SSD in your hand, it's just a little bit smaller.
MIhQeE7l.jpg

The chipset
JZELzaFl.jpg

It also has an extra 6pin PCIe next to the SATA III port if you want to do extreme overclocking of your GPU. 6 SATA III is a little bit short for a board of this price, I would have expected to see 8 minimum.
tQhVYNal.jpg

Here's an array of ports. My last Asus motherboard was really lacking in this area by only offering one USB2.0
9Ul8cnAl.jpg

The IO plate sure is nice, they followed the Asus idea by integrating the IO plate. Asta la vista cutting yourself.
NSBmNrzl.jpg

Here's a reminder of how sexy this motherboard is haha.
E6rgMcql.jpg

If you were wondering what's the motherboard looks like without the IO cover, here it is. It's not bad at all actually
6vmhUtAl.jpg

The reason I took off the IO cover was to replace the "old" wireless card (Intel 8265: Bluetooth 4.2 & 867Mbps transfer speed). Basically, I'll use an Intel 9260 (Bluetooth 5.0 & 1733Mbps transfer speed).
ze3w83Xl.jpg

Full album:

Part list updated, here's the new one.​

Build specs
Processor: AMD Threadripper 2950X
Motherboard: Gigabyte X399 Aorus Xtreme
RAM: 4*8Gb Ballistix Tracer RGB 2666MHz
SSD #1: Samsung 970 Evo 500gb
SSD #2:Crucial MX500 1Tb
Video Card: EVGA RTX 2080 XC
Fan: Lian-Li Bora Lite RGB

Watercool part list:
GPU Waterblock: Heatkiller RTX 2080
Reservoir: Heatkiller Tube 150DDC
Radiator: 2*Hardware Labs GTX 360mm
Cooling: UFO Technologies - Custom bluep​

Part list updated, here's the new one.​

Build specs
Processor: AMD Threadripper 2950X
Motherboard: Gigabyte X399 Aorus Xtreme
RAM: 4*8Gb Ballistix Tracer RGB 2666MHz
SSD #1: Samsung 970 Evo 500gb
SSD #2:Crucial MX500 1Tb
Video Card: EVGA RTX 2080 XC
Fan: Lian-Li Bora Lite RGB

Watercool part list:
GPU Waterblock: Heatkiller RTX 2080
Reservoir: Heatkiller Tube 150DDC
Radiator: 2*Hardware Labs GTX 360mm
Cooling: UFO Technologies - Custom bluep​

Going to be a savage build and thanks for your comments on my build, it’s a work in progress. Can’t wait to start the case mods in another couple of weeks. Can’t wait to see more of your build.

Finally done all the cables! Here's the 24pin. Not bad for a first time.
KV9a3GCl.jpg

Here's what needs to be done:
1. Planning the loop
2. Ordering some tubing and fitting
3. finishing the case (its 90% done)
4. Returning 2 pack of fans because Newegg sent me the wrong color
5. Waiting for my GPU
6. Waiting after the fabulous waterblock for the GPU

I will keep you updated :)

Very nice. Looks like this machine will scream. I'm interested to see the finished product.

Can't wait to see more man! I'm beginning my journey into custom liquid cooling this winter/spring and excited to get inspiration everywhere I look for my build.

Back