• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

trouble getting 1.4(10.5x133) to 1.533(11.5x133) help?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jo3

my athlon has been running at 1.465 for about 3 weeks now, havnt seen a problem with it. ive had it to about 1.513 or so by changing clock to 137x11, so i figured since i knew that was stable i should lower fsb and just bump up the multiplier to 11.5. with the cpu at 1.4(1.396), 1.465, and 1.513 i was at 1.75 vcore, so i left it at that when i changed the multiplier seeing as how ive seen on different pages and forums that people hit that speed at that voltage. when my comp boots it gets past the POST and gets into windows logon, right as its loging me in up comes the blue screen then the comp restarts. obviously its unstable. either way i tried it 2 more times and both those failed during the windows boot sequence.

any suggestions?

im on a dfi ak76-sn and have 350watt ps. if you need any more info ask for it.

no, not yet. what do you suggest as far as upping it. mb can only go to 1.85 i think, and goes up in .25 incriments.

You'd be better off running higher FSB/lower mult anyway. I'd also try a little more Vcore. What are your ram specs?

could be like my chip and just top out at somethin. i can't get mine to run above 1584. whenever i try any higher multipliers, it won't start. so 11 and up to 1584 is my limit. we may have the same chip. i have the tbird 1400 AYHJA

could be like my chip and just top out at somethin. i can't get mine to run above 1584. whenever i try any higher multipliers, it won't start. so 11 and up to 1584 is my limit. we may have the same chip. i have the tbird 1400 AYHJA

as far as my chip goes, i just know i have a 1.4 athlon. i built this thing like 2 years ago and now i want to get the most out of it...as far as the AYHJA thing, idk what that is D: (sucks that i know hardware but not overcocking)

for ram i just have ddr pc2100, and i have tried my vcore at 1.75, 1.775, and 1.8. every time when i get into windows i get a blue screen right after i log in. screen says blah blah irq_equal_or_lessthan blah blah... my friend tony has been telling my my motherboard just sucks ***, and hes prolly right. but yah if you guys have anything else please tell me.

Back