• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trouble with leaks in my EKWB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Blackldr

Registered
Hey guys. So I've been running my rig and wanted to make some minor changes. My tubing got stained pretty bad by the fluid so I replaced some of the tubing. Also my Flow goes from Reservoir pump to 2nd Reservoir to my cpu block to my radiator back to my pump. Well I replaced my 2nd Reservoir with a ekwb Reservoir since all my other equipment is from there. Well I have everything hooked up and I have 2 leaks. 1 is on the new Reservoir I can't get make it any tighter, but the more worrisome one is the one on my pump block where it comes back from the radiator. I haven't changed that tube out. (I'm out of tubing) but I did replace the connector thinking maybe I had damaged it. If you want pics of where I'm talking about I can provide them later but any ideas on how to seal these leaks?

2nd res??????????? what? Why? Seems like an extraneous part there...

WHERE On the news res? Pics please.

pump block? Pics please.

Words arent doing it. :)

I would take the fittings off and make sure the O-ring isnt pinched or cracked / cut .
You could also put some lube on the rings .
What type of fittings ? Barbs or compression ? If barbs what do you have for clamps ?
Pics would help .

There can be such a thing as to tight if it messes with the O-rings .
Do what I suggested check the rings .
The rez body ( the clear part ) does't look like it is tightened all the way check that as well .

Tried to hand fix and failed. Tried an alternate fix,for the reservoir. Check the videos

it looks like you have cross threaded the fittings and the 2nd top of that res(those are both tops) the one you pulled out is the bottom part of the res. make sure when you attach the top of your res that its going on silky smooth and flat and there isnt any resistance until its almost all the way on. if you feel resistance before then take it back off and start again. otherwise you can permanently damage the threads. it would be good to take some pics of the res tops threads,the tops threads and the g1/4 holes where the fittings are leaking. we will be able to tell if its cross threading thats the issue.

Then please use irfanview or something similar to resample those pics and reduce the size of the images.

I had an intermittent leak on a reservoir once and it turned out that I needed to stack two "O" rings on top of each other to give more clearance to the fitting which was making contact with the reservoir right under the nut an not allowing the "O" ring to make a good seal. This can happen with the threaded reservoir holes are recessed into the body.

Also, I have found that many times when tubing is removed (I'm talking vinyl here) from a nipple and reused without cutting the old end off to make a fresh fit for the nipple I will often get a small leak. They loose their suppleness over time and won't reconform well once disturbed.

I cut the ends of all the tubes after i replaced the fittings. The one at the pump is a new replacment fitting. I can't tell where its leaking there. As for the resivoiur i might just run a sealant around the clear area.

Last edited:
Back