• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trouble with new comp, troubleshooting help needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hatecc

Ok finally got all my parts for my comp, i spent a while setting it all up connecting everything.

Here is the deal, I booted up and i got no beeps or anything, but i get no signal in my monitor, and yes it's plugged in on both ends.

Did i forget to plug something in to the mobo, or what?

Please help me have fun with my comp

Thanks

Oh yeah, it's a Radeon 9700pro, on an A7N8X Dlx, WD hd, Samsung PC3200, antec true430.

try reseating your 9700, i guess wiggle it

i dunno

clear your cmos see what happens

I'm assuming you have a new psu with your new parts, if not it may not have enough power. Try reseating everything, and then running the system with only the mobo, cpu, video card, and a stick of ramp connectected. Still no go, try swapping parts with known good ones, making sure they are compatable.

well are you sure you connect everything? there's a another small power connecter coming in the atx power supply to power up the processor, even though mobo manufactures say u can boot the m/c with that try to check weither u connected it.
And also check your mem also. good luck.:cool:

Do you have a chip installed. You didn't tell us what kind of chip. I was o/cing one day and decided to run my multiplier down to 5x and bump up my fsb to over 600, then eck, system froze. When booted up no beeps, got the led for power on and all fans and accessories powered, HD led lit for a few seconds, but no cmos welcome screen. It was running fine according to MB but as far as my OS nothing can be done. I have a asus a7v133 and whenever I oc too much it resets itself to stock speed. But I guess the tech boys never thought someone would underclock a chip, cause MB would not reset. I had to remove battery, then physically set the speed through the jumpers to get my system back from the dead.

check your jumpers settings

BUBBLE said:
well are you sure you connect everything? there's a another small power connecter coming in the atx power supply to power up the processor, even though mobo manufactures say u can boot the m/c with that try to check weither u connected it.
And also check your mem also. good luck.:cool:

what is this you speak of?

I can't find it?

and i'm pretty sure my jumpers are ok.

OH and PS it's a barton 3000+ xp

oh, and is it possible i have the speaker/power switch/hdd leds and all those case connections backwards?

I put them in with the lettering on the connecters facing up...

I guess that could be why I get no beeps?

EDIT changed the speaker connector the other way, still no beeps....

ARRGH i want to play on my new PC.

yeah, the front panel, and POST speakers should go in writing side up. I'd strip everything down to bare components (Proc, momo, RAM, Hard Drive, Video Card) and then try to isolate things. Another possibility could be a short on the motherboard due to a dust bunny, or mabye it's touching the case chasis.

i don't think it's dust since it's brand new everything but i guess i'll look at the mobo tray.

looks as if it's completly clear of all obstructions to me

Last edited:
just put my 9700 pro into my old rig, it should be ok if it gives video and detects new hardware right?

i didn't wanna install drivers, cause it would have been a hassle to get the old card back in there.

did you try playing with the speaker/power switch/hdd leds, etc.

we're all thinking about your computer being culprit, but, do you have some sort of metal or whatever around your monitor, anything that could be magnetic. did you try changing it with a old one?

monitor? no, nothing magnetic

if it displays the no signal box, my monitor should be perfectly alright i thought?

when i get home from work i guess i can try just to be certain.

any thoughts....

finally got it to post, stubborn ram slots, only accepted it in ram slot 3, and i can't get more than one stick to work, any thoughts on that problem would be nice...

Last edited:
I know if you get different brands of ram or different blocks of ram they won't work well together. but usually it will atleast read the one in the slot 0. strange board you got there.

Oh crap! its the same board i'm gonna buy....i think i'm feeling the fear fellas...

Last edited:
Hatecc said:
any thoughts....

finally got it to post, stubborn ram slots, only accepted it in ram slot 3, and i can't get more than one stick to work, any thoughts on that problem would be nice...

do you mean you cant physically put in more than 1 , or your mobo doesnt allow it or something?

Back